Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Adhesions

User
Posted 23 Oct 2017 at 13:55

Hi;

My OH just been diagnosed with PC - Geason 3+4 T2c - 3 out of 10 cores. Total tissue involves 3%

Been for bone scan today but Nurses says MRI shows no spread but they need to tick the box.

We are leaning towards robotic surgery - OH is 62 but I was wondering if anyone else had adhesions? My Husband had bowels surgery 11 years ago and I am just wondering if this will be an issue with surgery?

Thank you so much

J

User
Posted 23 Oct 2017 at 17:36

Hi Jenny
I am 50 yrs old and 27 months post op. There has barely been a single day where I don’t have abdominal pain across where they inserted the 5 instruments. It hurts when my bladder is full , it hurts if I need a poo in the morning. They put it down to adhesions in my case but stated it was very rare. Indeed I have to say I’ve never know anyone else on this forum complain of pain for so long

User
Posted 24 Oct 2017 at 14:14

Thanks Chris - sorry you are having daily abdominal pain.
he has adhesions from former abdominal surgery and I was wondering if this makes surgery more difficult esp Robotic?

User
Posted 24 Oct 2017 at 18:51

It could work either way - the adhesions could make open surgery a better option than robotic (so they can get their hands in if need be) but on the other hand, they may advise that keyhole is better because there is a lower risk of new adhesions in the future. No point trying to guess; you will need to talk to the urologist. It will also be important to meet an oncologist to discuss whether RT would be a better option OR whether the adhesions and / or previous bowel problems could make RT more difficult.

Edited by member 24 Oct 2017 at 18:52  | Reason: Not specified

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 25 Oct 2017 at 11:26

That makes sense Lyn - many thanks