Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Next step Radium 223

User
Posted 27 Oct 2017 at 12:26

Hi 

After weeks of not knowing what my next treatment will be ,  I now know that it will be Radium 223  . This came about as I was referred  to The Royal Mardsen by my consultant at Stoke Mandeville  . It was there I saw [name edited by mod] . The first meeting was very productive . He took me off all the treatment I was receiving apart from my 3 monthly injection of Zoladex . This was followed by an MRI scan which was then followed up by a further visit for my results .  The scan confirmed the 2 new areas of bone cancer that I already was aware of . One in the neck (C2 Vertebrae) and one in the lower spine ( L5 Vertabrae ) which is about 6 cms . So Radium 223 it is . I still have Chemo as a possibility further down the line . Any advice from members who have already had this treatment or who are about to would be welcome.  

Ronnie Marston

Edited by moderator 27 Oct 2017 at 16:30  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 27 Oct 2017 at 22:05

Just bumping you up the list Trafford :-) Someone will come along that can give you advice or share their experience

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 28 Oct 2017 at 20:44
Hi Ronnie,

Trevor has had the full six months of Raduim 223 and it worked really well , there are a few others going through it at the moment . David (colwick Harris and Devon maids husband ) I hope they come along to give there experience. If not look them up.

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 31 Oct 2017 at 21:45
Hi

Sorry I’ve not been on the forum for a few weeks, sometimes life takes a turn for the better and Pca fades a bit, well that’s what’s happened with us after the third injection of a Radium 223. All blood markers are good, ALP down to 68, PSA 44 and only fairly minor pain. The protocol is easy to follow, even with a supra pubic catheter, as John has. We have to use different logos for three days afterwards and his bags are disposed of carefully, but apart from the endless hand washing, all is really quite normal now. You can get flare for a day or three after the injection but that’s not been too awful for John, it manageable with pain relief. I’d say go for it, we are enjoying the best spell for a long while thanks to Radium 223.

Best of luck

Devonmaid