Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Full results now known

User
Posted 01 Nov 2017 at 14:07
Hi everyone

Had the oncology consultation this morning at Stepping Hill Hospital. The results of Gary's bone scan showed no metastatic cancer so we were so happy to hear that at least. However his diagnosis is still locally advanced T4, N1 with a gleason score at 4+3. The oncologist has advised that he should begin radiotherapy in 3 months by which time he will have had 2 hormone injections. It will be 20 sessions over 4 weeks beginning with a booster implant to both prostate and affected lymph nodes at the Christie. We are very hopeful, given that he is otherwise very fit and healthy and does not take any medications. We are now going to put this behind us and have a lovely Christmas. We will no doubt start to worry again in February when his treatment starts. I wish all of you warriors out there the very best and will hopefully carry on reading about your progress.

User
Posted 01 Nov 2017 at 14:07
Hi everyone

Had the oncology consultation this morning at Stepping Hill Hospital. The results of Gary's bone scan showed no metastatic cancer so we were so happy to hear that at least. However his diagnosis is still locally advanced T4, N1 with a gleason score at 4+3. The oncologist has advised that he should begin radiotherapy in 3 months by which time he will have had 2 hormone injections. It will be 20 sessions over 4 weeks beginning with a booster implant to both prostate and affected lymph nodes at the Christie. We are very hopeful, given that he is otherwise very fit and healthy and does not take any medications. We are now going to put this behind us and have a lovely Christmas. We will no doubt start to worry again in February when his treatment starts. I wish all of you warriors out there the very best and will hopefully carry on reading about your progress.

User
Posted 01 Nov 2017 at 14:15

Good afternoon

This is a worrying time but at least you now know what you're dealing with.  My diagnosis and treatment plan is very different, so I can't comment on your pathway, but wish you the very best of luck.

Ulsterman

User
Posted 01 Nov 2017 at 22:32

Being fit already is good but HT can among other things make a man feel prematurely tired so it is worth pushing yourself as far as you reasonably can during HT to better help combat the compounding effects that RT may introduce later.

Barry
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 01 Nov 2017 at 14:15

Good afternoon

This is a worrying time but at least you now know what you're dealing with.  My diagnosis and treatment plan is very different, so I can't comment on your pathway, but wish you the very best of luck.

Ulsterman

User
Posted 01 Nov 2017 at 22:32

Being fit already is good but HT can among other things make a man feel prematurely tired so it is worth pushing yourself as far as you reasonably can during HT to better help combat the compounding effects that RT may introduce later.

Barry
User
Posted 03 Nov 2017 at 04:22
Hi,

I just wanted to wish your husband, Good Luck with his treatment and hope everything goes well for him.

There will probably be tough times ahead but hopefully, he will cope with these well.

I have been through the same treatment as your husband faces and for me it seems to have worked as well as expected.

Have a good Christmas (when it eventually arrives).

Steve