I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Lymph gland significant?

User
Posted 04 Nov 2017 at 09:21
Met up with oncologist last Thursday, the good news was that my husband's PSA had remained virtually static but his lymph gland near the trachea had doubled in size. But the decision had been made to keep going with the steroids and no abiraterone nor chemotherapy nail January when he has another blood test . My thoughts were that surely the oncologist should be proactive at this stage he is fit and relatively well so he could withstand treatment, however we just took the good news and scarpered ! On reflection once relaxed my husband said that he felt as if he was in limbo and was up for the treatment. Any thoughts about that lymph node?
User
Posted 04 Nov 2017 at 12:08

Hi Judith,

I am not able to comment on your husband's treatment. However, as a general comment my impression is that in the UK patients are treated more conservatively than they could be by some consultants abroad. It is for your husband and you to decide whether you wish to investigate other possibilities which may or may not lead to more aggressive specific treatment.

Barry