I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Medication abroad

User
Posted 05 Nov 2017 at 04:33
Hello I hope someone will have a bit of info , we're travelling to Japan next year and a few meds have been flagged up as being banned

E.g. Codeine, Gary is taking Abi and Enzo with a steroid so not sure if they would be allowed.

Has anyone been ,and is there a way to get round this maybe with a doctors certificate ? I'm getting a bit stressed about it and thinking of cancelling .

Been on the consort website but still not to sure .

Thanks in advance

Debby

Edited by member 05 Nov 2017 at 09:33  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 05 Nov 2017 at 14:07

Would the nurses on this site be able to help or at least point you in the right direction ?

Japanese tourist office or our foreign office?

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 05 Nov 2017 at 15:20

I was always told that one needed to take a copy of their prescriptions as proof that the medication is needed, apart from your GP, you could also email the Japanese Consulate/Embassy.
Hope that helps,
Chris.

User
Posted 05 Nov 2017 at 16:09

The nurse at your GP practice should have access to the website listing what can and can't be taken to which country.

Did you see the very recent case of the woman who took tramadol for her husband to Egypt? She has been arrested and faces the death penalty if convicted!

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 05 Nov 2017 at 14:07

Would the nurses on this site be able to help or at least point you in the right direction ?

Japanese tourist office or our foreign office?

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 05 Nov 2017 at 15:20

I was always told that one needed to take a copy of their prescriptions as proof that the medication is needed, apart from your GP, you could also email the Japanese Consulate/Embassy.
Hope that helps,
Chris.

User
Posted 05 Nov 2017 at 16:09

The nurse at your GP practice should have access to the website listing what can and can't be taken to which country.

Did you see the very recent case of the woman who took tramadol for her husband to Egypt? She has been arrested and faces the death penalty if convicted!

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 05 Nov 2017 at 18:59

Thanks ,it's because of recent events that's made me read up on it ,didn't even think about it when we booked it
Debby

User
Posted 07 Nov 2017 at 17:18

Just an update for people that might find themselves in similar position ,
I phoned the embassy and they are going to send info by email ,and if the travel is under 1 month in total a lot of meds are ok without authorisation and others if you list them out and send details and dosage they will stamp a certificate to produce at customs .
I think I was freaking myself out as you don't expect simple things like Vicks nasel spray to be on the band list !
Debby