Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

green tea query

User
Posted 24 Nov 2017 at 14:13

Hi;

My OH is on Prostap injections just now (finished Casodex tablets )until radiotherapy in the New Year March we think

Is he allowed to drink Green tea - I heard antioxidants may prevent the radiotherapy from working is this the same for Prostap or are they talking huge amounts of Green tea? he only has 3 a day but happy to get him to stop it if it doesn't benefit him?

Gleason 3+4 Psa 16

T2c or possibly T3 (they aren't sure about the T3 so classed it indirect T3)

age 62

Cant have surgery due to bowel surgery and adhesions 12 years ago so its the  3 gold markers and HT(3 years which was a shock...) and IMRT (4 weeks) route and hoping IMRT doesn't affect his bowels too much and hoping for the best.

Tolerating Prostap well so far.

Thank you for reading this!

J

User
Posted 24 Nov 2017 at 16:39

If he likes green tea, few do, then he should drink on! No harm in it. Personally, I transferred to my customary pint mugs of tea made with black leaves (with milk of course!) once I had used up my supplies of green tea years ago. Need to drink more of course to get the same anti-oxidant benefits, but as I have the British preference for the stuff, it was no hardship. Good way of keeping fluid levels up!

AC

User
Posted 25 Nov 2017 at 12:06

Try japenses green tea which is milder or green tea and jasmine, again softens the butter taste. It is a lovely drink and I have drunk it for many years pre and post PCa. A Korean green tea with roasted rice has a lovely aroma. No problem drinking it, I also drink breakfast tea too.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 24 Nov 2017 at 16:39

If he likes green tea, few do, then he should drink on! No harm in it. Personally, I transferred to my customary pint mugs of tea made with black leaves (with milk of course!) once I had used up my supplies of green tea years ago. Need to drink more of course to get the same anti-oxidant benefits, but as I have the British preference for the stuff, it was no hardship. Good way of keeping fluid levels up!

AC

User
Posted 24 Nov 2017 at 16:45

Thanks AC - its not his favourite tipple thats for sure!

:D

User
Posted 25 Nov 2017 at 12:06

Try japenses green tea which is milder or green tea and jasmine, again softens the butter taste. It is a lovely drink and I have drunk it for many years pre and post PCa. A Korean green tea with roasted rice has a lovely aroma. No problem drinking it, I also drink breakfast tea too.

User
Posted 28 Nov 2017 at 04:32

Have you tried 'Rooibos' tea? It doesn't have the often acrid taste of many green teas. Rather, it has a naturally slightly sweet soft taste to it. It's also naturally caffeine-free and very high in antioxidants