I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Was shocked

User
Posted 04 Dec 2017 at 11:16
Hi there my name is Simon I was really shocked to be diagnosed with prostate cancer and am struggling to get my head round it
User
Posted 04 Dec 2017 at 21:06

Hello Simon and welcome although at 42 I'm sorry to see you here.

You say you have already had the prostate removed ? When was this? Recently?

That first diagnosis can be such a shock. How soon after diagnosis did you have the removal. IF it all happened in a hurry then you never really had time to get to terms with all that has sine happened.

How are you now. Do you have any after effects from the op?

Such a lot of questions eh?

IF you have something you want a specific answer to please feel free to ask and I'm sure you'll get help and advice from somebody with experience.

You could also approach the nurses on here

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 29 Dec 2017 at 19:06

Hi Simon, I'm in the same boat, at 40. Can I ask why you opted for the removal? I'm still weighing up the options have only been diagnosed a couple of days ago. I hope all is well with you though and that you're looking forward to a happy and healthy 2018.

All the best,

Tim

User
Posted 29 Dec 2017 at 20:47
Simon

For some reason I didn't see your post earlier this month. I'm now 47 but was diagnosed last year. T3b and Gleason 9. I thought it was bad enough having PCa at 46 but then being told how significant a cancer it was shocked me all the more.

Stay on the forum - I think the more of us in our 40s who are here, the more we can learn from each other.

Ulsterman