I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Very worried about the future

User
Posted 13 Dec 2017 at 15:12

Hi, I'm Richard and last night I had the MRI review with my urologist. He told me I have a tumout in one lobe that looks to have gone to the seminal vessicles and may be in lymph nodes. I'm having the biopsy on Monday and a bone scan some time next week. The scan is to check if its in the bones but he said it's unlikely as my PSA scores have been 18 and 23. He mentioned possible treatment being robotic prostatectomy or radical radiotherapy. He also mentioned hormonal treatment. I believe this is then locally advanced prostrate cancer. I am so scared since my father died of prostrate cancer when he was 54. I am 50 years old.

User
Posted 13 Dec 2017 at 20:05

Hi Richard,  I can't advise on Seminal Vesicles or Lymph Nodes but your worry about your father's case could be exaggerated.  Presumably he died over 20 years ago and treatment has come on since then.  Also every case is different.

If you are offered an operation I think I'd be wanting to take it even if hormone and RT was needed to finish the treatment but till you've had all the tests it can't be said.

In one of your previous messages you said you were worried about telling your mother.  I wouldn't tell her till things are very settled, if at all, though it's up to you.  I've only told 3 people about my treatment, one my wife.   I had 2 days in hospital 12 months ago and only my wife knew, although I am retired.

Best Wishes
Peter

User
Posted 13 Dec 2017 at 20:49

Richard

Unless that bone scan shows otherwise a radical cure is still on the cards. Once all the results are in a discussion with an onco is advisable.

Ray