I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Downloadable PCa Dietary advice from Prostate Cancer Foundation USA - diet,turmeric,pom

User
Posted 15 Dec 2017 at 17:38

Below is a link to dietary advice for prostate cancer produced by Oncology Dieticians in association with the Prostate Cancer Foundation, USA and University of California San Francisco.

Received notification of it’s publication this morning.

It’s in a downloadable Pdf document to Save to your computer.

It’s not over detailed, nicely illustrated and extensively referenced.

Click below:

https://www.pcf.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/UCSF-PCF_Diet_GuideIIweb.pdf

Also found this link to earlier Part 1:

https://www.pcf.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/PCF_HW_Guide2017.pdf

Hope this is useful. G

User
Posted 15 Dec 2017 at 17:38

Below is a link to dietary advice for prostate cancer produced by Oncology Dieticians in association with the Prostate Cancer Foundation, USA and University of California San Francisco.

Received notification of it’s publication this morning.

It’s in a downloadable Pdf document to Save to your computer.

It’s not over detailed, nicely illustrated and extensively referenced.

Click below:

https://www.pcf.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/UCSF-PCF_Diet_GuideIIweb.pdf

Also found this link to earlier Part 1:

https://www.pcf.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/PCF_HW_Guide2017.pdf

Hope this is useful. G

User
Posted 17 Dec 2017 at 20:46

Thanks Graham thats a good summary and brings together some of the bits and peices that are out there. Some controversal some less so.
I know some on this site prefer to still carry on enjoying their diet as before dx ignoring all the unproven contraversal stuff but for me this desease has got into my mind as much as my my body. I just think that if i get a recurrance i want to be sure that I've done all I can to help myself. Who knows, my approach may change in the future and I sort of hope it does because I really miss all the stuff I have givin up, I'm just scared to eat it..

Thanks again

Bill

User
Posted 17 Dec 2017 at 21:32

its good yeah but us guys who live on there own who are not gordon ramsey  the diet is difficult,also the amount of exercise it says to get into a sweat,but us thin guys cant afford to lose anymore weight,all i have done is cut out red meat and dairy and hope for the best.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 17 Dec 2017 at 20:46

Thanks Graham thats a good summary and brings together some of the bits and peices that are out there. Some controversal some less so.
I know some on this site prefer to still carry on enjoying their diet as before dx ignoring all the unproven contraversal stuff but for me this desease has got into my mind as much as my my body. I just think that if i get a recurrance i want to be sure that I've done all I can to help myself. Who knows, my approach may change in the future and I sort of hope it does because I really miss all the stuff I have givin up, I'm just scared to eat it..

Thanks again

Bill

User
Posted 17 Dec 2017 at 21:32

its good yeah but us guys who live on there own who are not gordon ramsey  the diet is difficult,also the amount of exercise it says to get into a sweat,but us thin guys cant afford to lose anymore weight,all i have done is cut out red meat and dairy and hope for the best.

User
Posted 17 Dec 2017 at 23:07

Hi Bill,

That's my approach too.

Radar,

I'm 'self catering' too. Still have HT in my system so not much energy, so I'm eating a lot of veg soup packed out with garlic, turmeric, lots of different beans, sugar snap peas, slivers of root ginger, spring onions and all the other recommended foods. Cooked in microwave so not very Jane Plant, but quick and easy.

G

User
Posted 18 Dec 2017 at 08:28

I have been eating a large bowl of alpen muesli with a couple of spoons of Alpro soy product and water every day. It is excelent and Waitrose often do a deal, 2 × 1kg for £6. Trouble is just yesterday I noticed it contains dry milk powder and whey powder and I thought I had gone dairy free! They dont say how much just list it in the ingredients.
Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions on dried milk or whey powder? I wander how much they use, perhaps insignificant?

Bill