I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Strange rash with thin red lines moving up arm

User
Posted 16 Dec 2017 at 13:04

Bit of a strange one this morning. Feeling ok, went to gym, as I was cycling I noticed that on my right arm - the inside of the elbow area - there is a small rash type thing.

Hard to describe but basically there is a red area about 2 cm long by 1 cm wide, and moving upwards from it 2 thin red/pink lines

At first I thought it was a scratch but can’t remrber doing anything to it

My arm has felt a bit vaguely “achy” there over the past few days but nothing really of notice

PSA currently 0.2

Started Casidex 1 week ago and undergoing salvage radiotherapy January 2018

Anything to worry about? It my imagination going wild. I don’t trust my own body anymore and every time I notice something I worry about cancer etc

User
Posted 16 Dec 2017 at 15:37

Without seeing it KyakerBill it's abit of a guess but in my opinion you ought to be at least ring NHS direct and ask somebody.

Casodex treatment may well have nothing to do with it but (without actually seeing it and just going by your description) I have always understood that a suspect area with "tracking" lines needs looking at to rule out blood poisoning.

If you have not injured yourself, the area isn't swollen or throbbing or you don't feel unwell (ie feverish) it is unlikely to be that but for peace of mind I would ask somebody.

If you don't want to ring NHS direct take yourself off to the local pharmacist and ask his/her opinion.

Better safe than sorry

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 16 Dec 2017 at 16:17
Hi thanks

It’s like a 5-6 cm high U sign with a thicker 1cm at the base of the U and the very thin arms of the U heading up towards the top of my arm

I feel ok tbh, have looked up possible causes and it looks like a very mild version of tracking/sepsis type thing

It’s actually faded a bit, I marked the tops of the lines with a pen and they have not moved any further

I think when I read about “lymph” I started worrying that the cancer has somehow manifest itself in the lymph vessels in my arm or something but I don’t know if PC takes that route. I can’t dettct any underarm node swelling or anything

Anyway thanks for the reply, I will keep an eye on it and if I think anything is worse I will get myself on to NHS 24 asap

Bill

Edited by member 17 Dec 2017 at 00:04  | Reason: Not specified