Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

this may help

User
Posted 18 Dec 2017 at 07:52

hi all

not been on here for a while, but thought would post about myself to try and help others, their are folk on here who have been around a lot longer then myself

when I was diagnosed back in march 2014, the urologist gave me 3 years, well as you may have figured out I am past that date, my PSA level for the past 13 months has been below 0.01

the two best treatments for me have been, early chemo and the 3mth zoladex injections, I have had radiation treatment for bone pain but this only resulted in more bone pain, which has meant more pills don't like popping pills, folks say 'if you need to take them to live then take them'

but it is always easy to say things when its not you doing it, statements like this can irk you but you learn to handle them

cherish the moments and hug everyone you know

run long and prosper

'pooh how do you spell love'

'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'

User
Posted 18 Dec 2017 at 07:52

hi all

not been on here for a while, but thought would post about myself to try and help others, their are folk on here who have been around a lot longer then myself

when I was diagnosed back in march 2014, the urologist gave me 3 years, well as you may have figured out I am past that date, my PSA level for the past 13 months has been below 0.01

the two best treatments for me have been, early chemo and the 3mth zoladex injections, I have had radiation treatment for bone pain but this only resulted in more bone pain, which has meant more pills don't like popping pills, folks say 'if you need to take them to live then take them'

but it is always easy to say things when its not you doing it, statements like this can irk you but you learn to handle them

cherish the moments and hug everyone you know

run long and prosper

User
Posted 21 Dec 2017 at 16:25

hi tony

well done on your lirf be taking the cirf next, did my cirf but have had to let it lapse, after being diagnosed I was able to run. but then the pain in hips got worse so started popping the pills, which had side effects that stopped me running

but don't despair their are runners on here who do crazy things with running, and have a lot of spread, its just pot luck how you react to the treatment

sounds like you have a Dr to fight your corner for treatment

if you need any help or a chat pm me

nidge

run long and prosper

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 18 Dec 2017 at 08:49

Lovely to hear from you. Glad you are stable at present and long may that continue. I think I may be offered early Chemo April next year so that’s good to hear. Happy Xmas

User
Posted 18 Dec 2017 at 09:58

Lovely update Bladerunner, thank you.

"Run long and prosper" indeed.

Have a great Christmas

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 18 Dec 2017 at 21:05
Good to hear from you again, so good to hear that you are doing ok still, do you manage to run still?

Take care , have a great Xmas

Kev

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 18 Dec 2017 at 21:50
Glad you are doing so well Bladerunner, long May it continue.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Debbie x

User
Posted 19 Dec 2017 at 23:40

Good update and nice to you're stable.
Hope you are still enjoying the trike
Paul

User
Posted 21 Dec 2017 at 15:08

How have you found the treatment impacting on your running? I'm also a runner but newly diagnosed back in May this year and the hormone therapy has made my running ever so tough. I have a marathon PB of 3.23 set when I was 54 and am a qualified Lirf

User
Posted 21 Dec 2017 at 16:25

hi tony

well done on your lirf be taking the cirf next, did my cirf but have had to let it lapse, after being diagnosed I was able to run. but then the pain in hips got worse so started popping the pills, which had side effects that stopped me running

but don't despair their are runners on here who do crazy things with running, and have a lot of spread, its just pot luck how you react to the treatment

sounds like you have a Dr to fight your corner for treatment

if you need any help or a chat pm me

nidge

run long and prosper