I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

alcohol at christmas

User
Posted 18 Dec 2017 at 18:22

hi,i know a lot of guys are on a diet,but what do you do when away from home,and with christmas coming drink alcohol and just let yourself go a bit or do you stay on a diet.

User
Posted 20 Dec 2017 at 08:28

thankyou everyone and a happy christmas,,go for my 6 monthly psa result tomorrow,bit anxious but what can you do,now wheres that red wine.

User
Posted 23 Dec 2017 at 10:58

Hi Campers,

I did not stop my drinking habits after diagnosis of Prostate cancer and the procedure  as I would not have survived the overthinking and of course it numbs the worry a lot depending on the person and as for dieting does anybody think it would have changed your diagnosis if you had a better lifestyle.

I am 15 months on from Brachytherapy and on a six months space in my blood tests,(Next one due 16th January) and do i worry about it Hell i do, but not drinking or eating would give me much more stress.

At 71 my doctor thinks i am doing Ok told to watch my weight (i dropped  a stone in three months touring Europe the year before my Brachytherapy and have put half back on again,Just had another two months in France & Spain this year and planning some longer trips and tried to live life as normal.

Anyway that's not the reason i came on line.

I would like to thank all the people on here that helped my through the last 15 months and wish you all better Health and happiness in 2018.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS & NEW YEAR 

Regards John.

User
Posted 18 Dec 2017 at 22:35

Jeeze ...... I thought I was abnormal. Thanks for the back-up Pablo and Barry ! The last 3 yrs has driven me to this I think !

User
Posted 19 Dec 2017 at 19:33

Well!
I enjoy a few beers at any time of the year....always have done.. and I ain't stopping now!

I'm fully aware that my present health situation is perhaps not as critical as some of the other members on here. 

It's true...beer ( or any booze ) relaxes muscles, so anyone who has a tendency to leak will leak even more with a few beers on board..

I find that wearing a 'dribble stop'  when I'm out on the lash helps keeps me dry....so no problem really.. 

Hopefully in the not too distant future all that will be resolved...or improved greatly... if I'm deemed suitable for a procedure to correct the leaking problem I've inherited as a result of radical prostate surgery ... 
Cheers! 

Merry Christmas all... 
Luther

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 18 Dec 2017 at 20:10

Same as normal for me!! A bottle of red every day!! 

User
Posted 18 Dec 2017 at 20:17

John doesn't drink as much beer as he used to because it makes him want to wee but he certainly still enjoys his red wine!

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 18 Dec 2017 at 20:36

I'll definately be having a few beers and wine, I do most weekends it's the one thing that I've decided to moderate rather than give up. I just think its good to have something to look forward to each weekend. Maybe more than a few for Christmas!

Cheers and all the Best

Bill

User
Posted 18 Dec 2017 at 20:43

Same as normal for me!! A bottle of red every day ,
or more

User
Posted 18 Dec 2017 at 22:35

Jeeze ...... I thought I was abnormal. Thanks for the back-up Pablo and Barry ! The last 3 yrs has driven me to this I think !

User
Posted 19 Dec 2017 at 08:12

Hi Radar
Tony didn't give up anything just takes a bit more exercise. he has now given up salt and not so much pastry bit that is because he has kidney failure and nothing to do with his prostate cancer. he is 12 half years on g9 t3b. if I was you I would eat drink and be merry. xx

merry xmas and happy new year

barbara

User
Posted 19 Dec 2017 at 09:41

Almost 9 years on from Diagnosis (LDR) I am happy to confess that I am in the same gang as Pablo, Barry and Chris and

intend staying in that gang until the last drop.

Merry Xmas everyone.

User
Posted 19 Dec 2017 at 10:58

I’d agree and in our situation I always make sure it’s damn good bottles of wine. I’ve stayed away from larger and beer for a few years but I do manage one pint on an evening out, but it does make me pee more.

Happy Christmas and holidays to all

Steven

User
Posted 19 Dec 2017 at 11:07
Christmas is significant for me insomuch that I had my Robotic surgery a week before Christmas , that year I had no alcohol at all, what with the catheter & blood clotting injection everyday I was not in the mood however made up for it since although I mainly drink wine as opposed to beer.

Merry Christmas everyone

James

User
Posted 19 Dec 2017 at 16:45

Hi Radar,

I guess I can't join the gang, as I tend to drink white wine. Recently I've been trying to cut it down to 1/2 a bottle a day in the run up to Christmas, as I know I'll over indulge over the festive period, maybe even with the odd drop of red. I find drinking beer just goes straight through me, which isn't very pleasant being Incontinent.

Merry Christmas to one and all.

Cheers,
Stu

User
Posted 19 Dec 2017 at 19:33

Well!
I enjoy a few beers at any time of the year....always have done.. and I ain't stopping now!

I'm fully aware that my present health situation is perhaps not as critical as some of the other members on here. 

It's true...beer ( or any booze ) relaxes muscles, so anyone who has a tendency to leak will leak even more with a few beers on board..

I find that wearing a 'dribble stop'  when I'm out on the lash helps keeps me dry....so no problem really.. 

Hopefully in the not too distant future all that will be resolved...or improved greatly... if I'm deemed suitable for a procedure to correct the leaking problem I've inherited as a result of radical prostate surgery ... 
Cheers! 

Merry Christmas all... 
Luther

User
Posted 19 Dec 2017 at 21:00

Enjoy your Christmas Radar and have a drink or three if you fancy it

Bri

User
Posted 20 Dec 2017 at 08:28

thankyou everyone and a happy christmas,,go for my 6 monthly psa result tomorrow,bit anxious but what can you do,now wheres that red wine.

User
Posted 23 Dec 2017 at 10:58

Hi Campers,

I did not stop my drinking habits after diagnosis of Prostate cancer and the procedure  as I would not have survived the overthinking and of course it numbs the worry a lot depending on the person and as for dieting does anybody think it would have changed your diagnosis if you had a better lifestyle.

I am 15 months on from Brachytherapy and on a six months space in my blood tests,(Next one due 16th January) and do i worry about it Hell i do, but not drinking or eating would give me much more stress.

At 71 my doctor thinks i am doing Ok told to watch my weight (i dropped  a stone in three months touring Europe the year before my Brachytherapy and have put half back on again,Just had another two months in France & Spain this year and planning some longer trips and tried to live life as normal.

Anyway that's not the reason i came on line.

I would like to thank all the people on here that helped my through the last 15 months and wish you all better Health and happiness in 2018.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS & NEW YEAR 

Regards John.