Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

starting to worry again

User
Posted 08 Jan 2018 at 23:40

Hi All.

Feel a bit of a cheat really after him being diagnosed back in 2012 with advanced cancer psa 95 and feeling like crap he had he radiotherapy and it blasted his psa right down three years of HT which he hated kept under control got into a sense of complacency and then psa jumped to 3.6 October and now 4.7 he is saying he wont take any more HT due to side effects seeing oncologist Thursday and then staging scans he is into head in the sand me sleepless nights and worry here I am back again to the site which helped in the beginning any ideas folks whats next to expect I learn more from here than all the Doctors and the hospital   

User
Posted 09 Jan 2018 at 00:40

If he is still saying that he won't do HT again then there is very little that could be offered by way of treatment. Possibly chemo? Sometimes men say - as your OH has done in the past - that they won't have treatment and quality is more important than quantity ... but then reality kicks in, they realise that this means pain, discomfort and leaving their family earlier than necessary and they change their mind.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 09 Jan 2018 at 16:01

Hi Lynn he has had zoladex and casodex he suffered badly with the zoladex but this is a all a few years ago he sees the oncologist next week are there any more HT available or would they do the RT again thanks for coming back to me

User
Posted 09 Jan 2018 at 18:36

Unlikely that he would be able to have RT again a) there is a maximum dose that can be given and he has probably already had that and b) it apparently didn't work very well anyway.

You could ask about him having prostap -
some people find all hormones the same but others find prostap more tolerable than zoladex and vice versa.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 09 Jan 2018 at 19:13

A few men still have orchiectomy (castration). Don't know whether this might be suitable option here but consultant could be asked.

Barry