I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Changes in the pelvis

User
Posted 13 Jan 2018 at 21:19
So here we are again. 5 years down the line. After the wait over Christmas for the results of my hubby's bone scan we finally got to see the consultant to be told there are changes in his pelvic area. Now he is to have a CT scan with contrast on Wednesday. His PSA has risen yet again and although only 2.5 it's a concern as it's been 0.04 for a couple of years now. Has anyone been in the same position? Does it really mean it's back? X
User
Posted 14 Jan 2018 at 16:14

Hi Andrew, he was sent for a bone scan because his PSA had risen. Since the last PSA and the bone scan it's gone up again. (He has no symptoms)We weren't given any other explanation for the changes. The CT scan is on 17th Jan and the next appointment with the consultant is 13th Feb. I'm guessing they will contact him before that time if there is anything sinister. When you've been down that road once once you can't help but worry. The consultant did mention hormone therapy again. Denise X

User
Posted 14 Jan 2018 at 16:27

I think the onco has already answered your question but in fluffy language that you perhaps haven’t heard as clearly as she intended. She has told you that there are changes in the pelvic area, the PSA has risen over 2.0 which is generally considered to be the threshold for recurrence after RT and she has mentioned going back on HT. It seems the onco thinks the cancer has come back.

It will seem like a long wait until the 13th Feb but take heart, if it is confirmed that the cancer is active again, the HT should knock it back very quickly and there are a number of treatments available now that were only trials when you first started this journey.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 14 Jan 2018 at 18:41

Hi,

Here is a bit of my profile,

I now have recurrent cancer

10th August 2016 PSA 1.15 up .04

Oct 2016 1.73 Psa up .6

Nov 2016 1.52 Psa down .21

Jan 2017 1.40 Psa down .12

June 2017 3.2 Psa doubled and a bit

Had PET/CT Scan results on the 27th July

Opps not so good three hot spots
neck
shoulder
groin

Back on Hormones Prostap

Onco said that he will put me forward for a few trials if my groin tumor is outside the RT area, well that was a non starter, I suggested early chemo and long term hormones,
he said that he would look at it,
I then paid for a private chat and got early Chemo , started on the 21Sept 2017

Psa now down to 0.06.

21st Sept 2017.
Had first Chemo some scares will fill in later but first one done out of six.
Bone pain days 6,7,&8

!2 Oct 2017,
Had second chemo no probs

2nd Nov 2017
Had third Chemo .

23rd Nov 2017
Had fourth chemo
PSA 0.05

had Chemo no 5

Finished Chemo no six 

Now on hormones which should work better for longer after Six Dox/ chemo

Barry

User
Posted 14 Jan 2018 at 19:25

Thank you both, I remember both of you from 5 years ago. You were helpful and supportive then as you are now 😊