I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

prostate inection again

User
Posted 01 Feb 2018 at 11:53

When I had my biopsy, I got a prostate infection about 3 days later...got 8 weeks of antibiotics and it eventually cleared up.......that was 2 years ago.....in that time I have had to get antibiotics 3 more times......now I have it again......anyone else had this.......?

I had to stop doing my manual job because of fatigue from the HT so they put me in the office, this makes it really uncomfortable to sit at a desk all day.

Shaun

User
Posted 01 Feb 2018 at 17:10

Shaun, a prostate infection or more generally a urinary tract infection? There are techniques for cleanliness around the nether regions which can obviate repeat infections. If you think about it, the infection has to get into the urethra somehow. Mostly likely it comes from an external source close by. I found I was able to resist repetition, when I picked up a UTI a few years back and when I related how, to my oncologist who had a trainee with him at the time, I was most impressed to have this described as a "learning point".
Good Luck
AC

User
Posted 01 Feb 2018 at 23:24

You could ask for a scan to check that you are emptying your bladder properly - retention increases the likelihood of UTIs

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 01 Feb 2018 at 17:10

Shaun, a prostate infection or more generally a urinary tract infection? There are techniques for cleanliness around the nether regions which can obviate repeat infections. If you think about it, the infection has to get into the urethra somehow. Mostly likely it comes from an external source close by. I found I was able to resist repetition, when I picked up a UTI a few years back and when I related how, to my oncologist who had a trainee with him at the time, I was most impressed to have this described as a "learning point".
Good Luck
AC

User
Posted 01 Feb 2018 at 22:44

Not disputing what you say AC, however when it was pointed out to me that I had a bladder diverticulem , (I looked this up, as one does), and found that it can be associated with urinary infections. So perhaps another reason why some men are more prone to these infections:- https://www.patientslikeme.com/conditions/2168-bladder-diverticulum

Edited by member 01 Feb 2018 at 22:49  | Reason: Not specified

Barry
User
Posted 01 Feb 2018 at 23:24

You could ask for a scan to check that you are emptying your bladder properly - retention increases the likelihood of UTIs

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard