I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

14 months post IGRT PSA results

User
Posted 08 Feb 2018 at 18:47

Finished 37 sessions of IGRT 14 months ago, my PSA 6 months ago was 0.1, and now is 0.9.

I meet with oncologist in 2 weeks time to discuss the result and how I am coping. 

Should I be worried about a 0.9 ?  I am guessing the previous 0.1 was due to residual HT still in system. I only did 6 months of HT so thats about 16 months since last implant.

toad.

User
Posted 10 Apr 2018 at 19:25

I think good news is always welcome here, and I have a boatload.

CT scan and Bone scan show no spread (although they did pickup a lesion on my liver and wear and tear on joints) so no additional treatment, just another blood test in 3 months time.

Double whisky time.

User
Posted 08 Feb 2018 at 20:30

General guideline is that you hit your nadir somewhere around 18 months after RT and then it may rise slightly so your next test might be a bit lower before it goes back up a bit.

Longer term, RT men will ideally have a PSA that bounces along around 1.0 and concerns would be flagged if it went over 2.0

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 03 Apr 2018 at 20:54

Have a look at Ray's PSA results - anything from 0.6 to just under 2 up and down like a yo-yo for the last 7 years and still no sign of recurrence. Fingers crossed that you are the same.

https://community.prostatecanceruk.org/default.aspx?g=profile&u=728

Edited by member 03 Apr 2018 at 20:54  | Reason: Not specified

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 08 Feb 2018 at 20:30

General guideline is that you hit your nadir somewhere around 18 months after RT and then it may rise slightly so your next test might be a bit lower before it goes back up a bit.

Longer term, RT men will ideally have a PSA that bounces along around 1.0 and concerns would be flagged if it went over 2.0

User
Posted 08 Feb 2018 at 20:36

Thank you Lyn.

User
Posted 03 Apr 2018 at 20:39

PSA up to 1.1 Sent off for bone scan and ct scan. Got my fingers crossed, but never been lucky.

Next see Oncologist April 10th.

User
Posted 03 Apr 2018 at 20:54

Have a look at Ray's PSA results - anything from 0.6 to just under 2 up and down like a yo-yo for the last 7 years and still no sign of recurrence. Fingers crossed that you are the same.

https://community.prostatecanceruk.org/default.aspx?g=profile&u=728

Edited by member 03 Apr 2018 at 20:54  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 03 Apr 2018 at 21:10

thanks again Lyn, encouraging.

User
Posted 03 Apr 2018 at 21:44

Good luck with the scans Paul. Keep us posted.

Hope it's 'PSA Bounce'

G

Edited by member 03 Apr 2018 at 21:47  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 10 Apr 2018 at 19:25

I think good news is always welcome here, and I have a boatload.

CT scan and Bone scan show no spread (although they did pickup a lesion on my liver and wear and tear on joints) so no additional treatment, just another blood test in 3 months time.

Double whisky time.

User
Posted 10 Apr 2018 at 21:40
Great news. Thanks for sharing.

Ian

Ido4

User
Posted 10 Apr 2018 at 21:44

Congratulations

User
Posted 10 Apr 2018 at 23:01

More good news,

Always welcome, and will give hope to many others.

Congratulations to you and yours.

atb

dave

All we can do - is do all that we can.

So, do all you can to help yourself, then make the best of your time. :-)

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 11 Apr 2018 at 07:57

Good news is aways welcome and encouraging for others.
Long may it continue

Cheers

Bill