Show search

Notification

Error

Hi there - new member of the club

User
Posted 27 Feb 2018 at 21:30

Hi all

ProstatePete here.

Long time lurker, finally decided to take the plunge.

I've was diagnosed over two years ago now (feels like a lot longer) and had RP surgery mid last year.

Scores on the doors:

• Gleason 4 + 3 (50% mucinous subtype) Pt2c specimen

• 7 negative lymph nodes

• Negative surgical margins

• Organ confined

• Tumour volume 3% of total

• PSA 0.05

Lucky as hell and have had good recovery (predictable levels of ED notwithstanding). Next PSA result tomorrow.

My big mistake was to hide away, do all the research myself and not reach out to others in the same boat. So here I am!

PP

User
Posted 27 Feb 2018 at 22:52
Hi there Pete.
Welcome to the club although you have been a member for a couple of years but just not known to us.
It's good to see that things are going well and I hope that you get a good result tomorrow.
You have been following conversations here for some time so it's great that you have decided to share your experiences which may help others who are on this journey.
All the best.

Kevan

User
Posted 27 Feb 2018 at 23:30

With 50% mucinous you have indeed been lucky. Do you mean the PSA was 0.05 at diagnosis or was that the post-op reading?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 28 Feb 2018 at 07:21

Welcome Pete and sounding good so far. Please stay in touch with any questions or advice

User
Posted 28 Feb 2018 at 08:26

Hello Pete and belated welcome

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 28 Feb 2018 at 11:02

Welcome Pete,

You will find a few friendly ones on this site to help you along just bring on the questions,

Regards John.

User
Posted 28 Feb 2018 at 16:25

Hi folks

Thanks for the warm replies.

Goinmg to need some comfort.

PSA results just came back as 0.16.

Am being retested for false positives as they are surprised at a return after a fully contained removal.

I had a bad feeling all along about this.

I'm rather upset right now.

P

User
Posted 28 Feb 2018 at 17:06

Hi Lyn

That was three tests with 0.05 after surgery (August last year) jumping to 0.16 this week.

I have been looking at the various medical opinions and it ranges from might be ok to oops in trouble.

I just have to grit my teeth and hope it has not metastasised.

P

User
Posted 13 May 2018 at 15:06

Hi Pete. I  to have just joined the community. So hello Pete and to. all on site. PS notwithstanding https://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cry.gif