I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Keep on running

User
Posted 05 Mar 2018 at 20:02
I read Iruns post about his amazing exploits with interest. I think he’s an amazing man irrespective of his athletic achievements and tales of derring do. I’ve had the pleasure of exchanging messages with him and also to speak to him on the phone when I was first diagnosed and he gave me great support which I’ll always be grateful for.

I was diagnosed with advanced stage incurable PCa last May and the treatment has annihalted my running. Prior to treatment I’d run 19 marathons between age 50 and 60 with an average time of 3.33 and I had qualified for London 2018 with a guaranteed good for age time but faced a dilemma about whether to take the place or not. Ultimately I decided to take the place and use it as a PCUK fund raiser.

I would be surprised if I get round in 5 hours but I’m currently just shy of raising £3k incl gift aid and I’m very pleased about that. I’ll get round one way or another!

I try to run 3 or 4 times per week and do one other training session but it’s constantly a struggle to balance the fatigue against the running.

I do however think I’ve been very lucky to be able to stay active when I know others are really struggling and I’m grateful for that. To read more of my story see the link at

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/anthonycollier
User
Posted 05 Mar 2018 at 22:52

Good luck Tony.

Best Wishes

Sandra

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails