Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Stampede Trial J - Two years on...About to end

User
Posted 22 Mar 2018 at 16:06

Hi

Two years after I started the Stampede Trial J (enzalutamide+Abiraterone.....In addition to Zoladex) Next week it will all end.

To anyone on the same Stampede Trial J (It may be a few months/years? before the NHS publishes any results I think)...In the mean time how has the trial worked for you? When you finished the trial what happened to your PSA?

Since I still have at least another 12-24 months of Zoladex....I have no idea what to expect once I finish enzalutamide.

Any comments appreciated!

Regards

User
Posted 22 Mar 2018 at 21:20
Hi Billy

My OH was on stampede arm G which was Hormone treatment and Abiraterone as well as Radiotherapy - so similar to what you are on, plus as we are a few years ahead of you our results have been published.

The Arm G results were very encouraging and I believe that men are now being given Abiraterone earlier in their treatment as a direct result of this trial.

We too stayed on HT for 3 years, so like you, a year after finishing the other drug/s.

For us the PSA remained the same as it was all along even after stopping taking the additional drugs. Whilst on the HT the PSA remained at its lowest level.

I hope that this helps you.

All the best

Alison

User
Posted 23 Mar 2018 at 07:25

Hi Bill ,my OH is on this trial and his 2 years will be up in the summer .gary also had early chemo so slightly different to your treatment path .so far so good as he’s PSA has been undetectable for 2 yrs ( fingers crossed for Tuesday ) .
We have been told that Gary will stay on the meds for as long as he is willing or any change in symptoms also I think he is on hormones for life .
Keep us updated
Thankyou
Debby

User
Posted 23 Mar 2018 at 19:34

Hi Bill
I've been on the Stampede J trial since January 2015 with enzalutamide.
After about 30 months I was told by my Onco that I could stay on the treatment and so am still on it.
My psa has remained around .04 during the trial and at my last blood test a few weeks ago it was the same.
I'm still being monitored but have now gone onto 6 monthly blood tests.

Its interesting how everyone is getting on

Paul

User
Posted 24 Mar 2018 at 07:34

Hi Healey

Just like me....... great PSA results!

It looks like Enzalutamide + Zoladex (or Prostap) = Magic combination!

Regards