I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Prostap 3 LUMPS

User
Posted 01 Apr 2018 at 16:56

Hi, looking for advice and or experiences with Prostap 3 side effects. nearly 8 months ago I had the first Prostap 3 injection in my abdomen, a quite large lump developed that is still there below the skin, my second injection was in my upper arm, apart from some fairly extensive bruising no lump developed, Injection number 3 back in my tummy area, a lump again formed that after some weeks resulted in a very angry looking red lump on the surface which on consulting my GP the advice given that I'd developed an infection at the injection site, but could give no further information, currently being treated by district nurse with dressings to draw out the pus, plus a 14 day course on antibiotics. I'm therefor very curious that after scouring the internet I can find no mention of this kind of complication and wondered if anyone had suffered the same issues and found any explanation or alternatives to Prostap 3, thanks.

User
Posted 01 Apr 2018 at 21:13
I tend to have a lump where the injection went in for a few days after. I have had around 6 injections now either side of my belly button and one in the gluteus maximus.
Weirdly I sometimes feel a lump under the injection sites from time to time which comes and goes.
I’ve never asked about it.
Ian.

Ido4

User
Posted 02 Apr 2018 at 00:15

Having a lump is quite normal - presumably to do with the drug being in a slow release form. I can't remember anyone else on here ever mentioning an infection at the injecting site psi you may just have been really unlucky.

Prostap monthly dose can be given in to the stomach or into a large muscle (bum and upper arm both being popular) but the manufacturers bumph doesn't mention intramuscular injection for the 3 month dose. You could ask your consultant about changing to Zoladex but that is always injected into the belly so may not be any easier to bear.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 02 Apr 2018 at 04:39

Thanks for the replies both, whilst I understand their could / would be a lump at the injection site very soon after the injection, I cannot understand why that would still be the case after 8 months especially given it's size ( about a hens egg )  when presumably I would have thought the medication had long since dissipated, and although I hear what you say about no mention of muscular injection site for Prostap 3, this is exactly where one of the injections was administered by one of the practice nurses......and yet NO lump, only lumps when given into my stomach area.   Considering I'm told I need to be on this for the next 2 years +  there are going to be an awful lot of lumps, just doesn't seem right, I'm hoping to speak to my support nurse as soon as the Easter break has finished, although that's always proved to be a challenge hence my posting on here.

User
Posted 02 Apr 2018 at 08:17

Hi my husband has Zoladex every 3 months but he has it in his backside, used to have it in his stomach but when he went back on it the nurse said that is where it is now done. when he was having it in his stomach he used to have a lump but I always assumed it was because it was slow release and it was the capsule that could be felt Lyn.
barbara

User
Posted 02 Apr 2018 at 09:59

Thank you, but obviously a different drug, and I believe a pellet, whereas Prostap is a fluid,  however it would be interesting to know if your husbands lumps were the size of a hens egg and were still there for very months afterwards without showing any sign of disappearing.

Edited by member 02 Apr 2018 at 10:31  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 02 Apr 2018 at 12:23

Hi Ekka

no they where only small lumps but did take a while to disappear, not sure if tonys is an implant or liquid to be honest, I have just asked him and he does no know because he has never looked at it. 

regards Barbara.

User
Posted 28 Aug 2018 at 01:12
Six months ago I had my first injection of Prostap in my stomach after two years of Decapeptyl. Following my second injection of Prostap I noticed a hard lump at the site about an inch across. This faded away over the following few weeks. Three months later I received my latest injection. Within 24 hours the site of injection became very itchy and slightly inflamed. A day later there was a hard subcutaneous lump about two inches across. Now, ten days on the lump is much softer and smaller. I presume it will soon completely disappear . I am relieved to note from the posts that this is not unusual.
User
Posted 28 Aug 2018 at 10:47
I also had a lump after my 2nd Prostap injection, it has now disappeared after 2 months.