I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Triptorelin treatment

User
Posted 06 Apr 2018 at 14:33
I found out today after booking my appointment I will be getting Triptorelin, I would appreciate any feedback people have from this one particular, or are all the side effects the same?
User
Posted 24 Apr 2018 at 08:54

I don’t think the buttock is necessarily ‘recommended’ - it is simply that it must be injected into a large muscle. Buttock, thigh and upper arm are all common sites.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 26 Apr 2018 at 10:36

I have my Prostap injections in my shoulder. I've only had 2 and the nurse said she would alternate between left and right arms. I have experienced bruising a few hours after both times. On this basis I would say the shoulder is probably the best place to get the injection so you could ask for that?

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 06 Apr 2018 at 21:49

It is Decapeptyl - lots of men on here have it. Main differences are:-
- there is more flexibility in where it is injected (it doesn't have to be in the stomach like Zoladex)
- it is given monthly / 3 monthly rather than 28 days / 84 days so is a bit more flexible in terms of being a few days early or late to suit holidays, etc

Otherwise, the side effects are broadly similar for all that group of hormones because they are side effects of having no testosterone rather than side effects of the actual treatment.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 23 Apr 2018 at 18:32
I made the mistake again of googling for Triptorelin Injections. Everywhere I looked showed injection of a capsule the size of a grain of rice subcutaneously in the stomach area, by quite a large needle. This meant stupidly I was under quite some apprehension when I arrived at the doctor surgery today for my treatment to begin.

My doctor had been giving these injections for some time and was quick to put me at ease and the injection I received was a three monthly suspension injection which I received in my left upper leg muscle. I have what feels like a dead leg at the moment which is either due to the fact I have large strong muscles as a long-distance cyclist, or the injection nicked a nerve. Either way I am sure it is just a temporary discomfort which I can easily live with.

User
Posted 24 Apr 2018 at 08:28
Received my Decapeptyl (Triptorelin) injection yesterday. The doctor chose to give me it in my left leg, about 2/3rds of the way between my knee joint and hip joint (going up) on the side. He said this was as he had experience that this was the best way to ensure correct delivery. Most studies I have read recommended the buttock area. Result for me today is best described as a “dead leg” feeling in the area causing me a limp. I wil lleave it another day to see if it improves, before I consider visiting my surgery to check this out. Anyone with any experience on here who can give me advice would be gratefully received
User
Posted 24 Apr 2018 at 08:54

I don’t think the buttock is necessarily ‘recommended’ - it is simply that it must be injected into a large muscle. Buttock, thigh and upper arm are all common sites.

User
Posted 26 Apr 2018 at 10:30
Hi, One of the most surprising side-effects I am experiencing with Triptorelin is the emotional effect. I have never been an emotional person, but since the injection I am tearful and even thinking of the treatment, or prognosis can bring me to tears. Also I have had to seriously curtail my sporting life and this also starts a crying session. I know this is not an important side effect, but I’m wondering if there is anything I can do about it? Thanks for reading
User
Posted 26 Apr 2018 at 10:36

I have my Prostap injections in my shoulder. I've only had 2 and the nurse said she would alternate between left and right arms. I have experienced bruising a few hours after both times. On this basis I would say the shoulder is probably the best place to get the injection so you could ask for that?

User
Posted 26 Apr 2018 at 11:22
Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Thanks for that Rich12. I didn’t get any bruising at all, I suspect my “dead leg” was due to the size and tone of my thigh muscle due to my cycling expertise. The dead leg was totally gone after 72 hours. Thanks for your reply

User
Posted 06 May 2018 at 15:11
I have finished 4 weeks on Bicalutamide and am 2 weeks into Decapeptyl treatment, the emotional side effects have eased off quite a bit. I am definitely feeling tired more often and my cycling power has markedly faded, although I was able to cover 200 miles this week. I am definitely getting dizzy spells and a lot of stomach gas. None of this is affecting my QoL seriously. I am moving on now with a review, PSA and Testosterone blood test in 4 weeks. I have had a surprise MRI scan booked for me to define an area in my pelvis that the bone scan left as inconclusive