Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Scrotal lymphedema

User
Posted 14 Apr 2018 at 22:26
Hi everyone

My latest update. Since my prostatectomy, I have had mild but persistent testicular pain and swelling. I had two ultrasound scans and was told that it was a hydrocele or cyst. In January, my oncologist referred me to their 'testicles man' and after yet another scan I have been diagnosed with lymphedema. I'd read about it on the forum before my surgery and thought it sounded nasty. I'm not best pleased to have it.

My problem is this - most of the threads here are about lymphedema in the legs. No cures are available but compression bandages and massage seem to alleviate symptoms. What do you do to alleviate symptoms in the testicles/scrotum? And as it is at this time fairly mild, is there anything to be done to prevent it getting worse

I start my salvage radiotherapy on 26th of April, so not too far away. The bicalutimide I'm on has made me tired but no other side effects.

Ulsterman

User
Posted 15 Apr 2018 at 00:46

I am sorry to hear this Ulsterman, I can’t think of anyone recently although it was a problem that Spurspark had; he also had problems with lymphodema in his fingers and lower arms which eventually made typing very difficult. There isn’t much else in the way of treatment but you could ask if there is a lymphodema nurse or clinic in your area?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard