Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

responses

User
Posted 08 May 2018 at 14:18

i am pleading for some advise:-

i have never been inundated with responses to my posts.

what am i doing wrong?

as usual any advice will be welcome - no need to spare my blushes - i need suggestions - warts and all.

many, many thanks in advance.

User
Posted 08 May 2018 at 16:51

Oh Junior, you don't do anything wrong, it is just that your posts rarely ask a specific question that people can answer. You tend instead to post your most recent PSA with an 'any comments' question and we don't know what to advise you.

The last time but one that you posted, the onco was going to put you back on hormones if you had another rise. Did that happen? It is good news that your scans last year were clear although hard to tell whether you just had a normal MRI or one of the newer high definition ones such as a choline PET scan or a multi-parametric MRI which uses 3 different types of imaging to get a fuller picture. You could ask your urology nurse whether a more detailed scan is possible.

On the face of it, your PSA is behaving like there are some tiny cancer clusters left in the area of the prostate bed. As you have already had RT in that area, you can't have any more so you should ask your onco at next appointment whether s/he is considering anything other than hormones.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 08 May 2018 at 17:20

Hi Junior,  I can't offer you much advice.  Your profile is quite amazing in that you've had 10 years of treatment with quite a high grade case, which offers great hope to others and yourself because you're obviously responding well to treatment.  The rate of change of psa has been quite low which I've read is fairly good, although of late it has reached a level where I'd have thought they'd try different treatments.  I'm afraid I'm not very knowledgeable about that stage of treatment but there are others knowledgeable about that stage who I hope will answer.  Regards

User
Posted 08 May 2018 at 17:46

Hi Junior, just ask us some questions, and we'll inundate you with answers.
Dont expect many people to go back and read previous threads, because it's unlikely to happen. The key to successful threads is to not start another one on the same topic.