I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Do you have any tips that we can include in our travel fact sheet? - Travel / Insurance

User
Posted 08 May 2018 at 17:05

Hello,

This is Amina from the Health Information team.

I’m currently updating our travel and prostate cancer fact sheet and would like to include more tips from men and their families about their experience of traveling with prostate cancer.

If anyone has any tips for travelling post treatment, please can you share them below? Alternatively, you can also email your tips to yourfeedback@prostatecanceruk.org.  If possible, include what treatment you've received.

If we decide to include your tips in our fact sheet, we may edit it to fit the sheet. We will not print your name or any details that could identify you.

Thanks,

Amina

User
Posted 08 May 2018 at 18:35

I think the most important thing is to explain clearly why men diagnosed with PCa must not try to pull the wool over their insurers' eyes - so many examples on here over the years of men saying "I didn't tell the insurer because I was unlikely to have any problems due to the PCa" and completely failing to appreciate that the insurer would use it to refuse to pay out even if the medical issue was completely unrelated.

A note that the Macmillan site includes lists of companies who are good at insuring people with cancer would be useful

Anyone travelling with ED meds - a note to remind them to get an explanatory note from the GP / ED nurse for Caverject injections and vacuum pumps - saves embarrassment if the scanners pick up strange items :-/

Men that have recently had RT should be cautious exposing their zapped skin to the sun - use extra factor sun cream

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard