I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Cryoablation as an alternative to ADT

User
Posted 26 May 2018 at 15:59

This article shows how cryoablation may delay the use of ADT in recurrent localised PCa in a good percentage of patients.

http://www.cancernetwork.com/news/salvage-cryoablation-may-delay-need-hormone-therapy-recurrent-prostate-cancer%20?elq_cid=24057&elq_mid=1602&rememberme=1

Roger
User
Posted 26 May 2018 at 20:37
I agree very much with the hope that salvage therapy will will mean ADT can be deferred or avoided. Cryotherapy pro rata is used far more extensively in the US than in the UK and it is not surprising that this form of treatment is being experimented with. In the UK the situation is largely reversed where in similar situations HIFU is more likely to be offered.

I am hoping to have a second attempt at salvage therapy using HIFU as I am led to believe overall the adverse effects of it are less than with Cryotherapy. However, if I am deemed unsuitable for further HIFU (perhaps due to the location of the cancer in my Prostate for example), I am minded to investigate Cryotherapy as a fall back position in the hope that I can continue to avoid the debilitating effects of HT.

Barry