I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

First PSA test for a year

User
Posted 06 Jun 2018 at 17:41

After last years saga and subsequent reprieve (see profile) I've had my first annual PSA test this morning.  I'm not sure which way its going to go and I feel more than a bit apprehensive don't want a repeat of last time... my last PSA was 12, terrible for someone my age and the consultant said to me he was reluctant to suggest annual testing as my PSA doesn't really indicate much so I'm not sure what any result is going to achieve?  Has anyone been in this situation, high PSA but no cancer found on 3T MpMRI and 70+ samples? or given diagnosed with Sclerosing Adenosis?  The first biopsy I had is still a mystery to me as well, never told me if it was a mistake after telling me they were going to review it! 

Thanks  

Law

User
Posted 07 Jun 2018 at 19:57

Law

Hope the PSA result goes in the right direction, as you say a bit of a saga. I used to work with a guy who had PSA fluctuations up to the high 20s, several biopsies proved negative and he was told, you do not have cancer, he was in his late fifties so not quite the same. Good luck.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 11 Jun 2018 at 19:56
Brilliant news Law - I hope your other symptoms settle down soon.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 07 Jun 2018 at 19:57

Law

Hope the PSA result goes in the right direction, as you say a bit of a saga. I used to work with a guy who had PSA fluctuations up to the high 20s, several biopsies proved negative and he was told, you do not have cancer, he was in his late fifties so not quite the same. Good luck.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 08 Jun 2018 at 09:38
Thanks Chris, looking at the statistics only 1 or 2 people a year get diagnosed with pca in there 30's but after my first biopsy in 2016 one of those people was me... so yeah its 1 in 500k+ per year or something... so another explanation is far more likely what did they blame his on in the end? Given my PSA history I feel its inevitable I'll be getting the call soon to go in for the DRE etc.

Law

User
Posted 11 Jun 2018 at 16:50

PSA came back at 1.8 so much better on the downside though I have been having some symptoms in line with Prostatitis, feeling the need to urinate when I don't on and off, testicular tenderness and some back ache.  All seems a bit co-incidental maybe its all in my head and now the psa result is in this will go away haha.  Still, back to the Urologist for me.

User
Posted 11 Jun 2018 at 19:56
Brilliant news Law - I hope your other symptoms settle down soon.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard