I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

PARP inhibitor trial?

User
Posted 12 Jun 2018 at 09:29

Interesting video about a new trial for PARP inhibitors, doesn't say how you get on it or where it is operating but clearly a deveoping line of treatment.

https://www.practiceupdate.com/C/69247/56?elsca1=emc_enews_topic-alert

Edited by member 12 Jun 2018 at 09:49  | Reason: added correct link

User
Posted 12 Jun 2018 at 12:18

Hi Franc,

mid you look at my recent thread called “Triton or Re-AKT” you will see that the Triton study is about trialling a PARP inhibitor.

i don’t know if it is the same drug because I am having problems following the link, but to go on the trial for Rucaparib, it is necessary to have one of a number of gene mutations. Apparently, only one in ten men are likely to have the mutation. 

I am currently awaiting the results of tests to see if I am eligible. 

Unfortunately, I have been overtaken by events, since I have developed crippling backache, and resolving that has become the priority, but hopefully if that resolves and I am eligible for the trial, I may well be part of the study.

best wishes 

peter

User
Posted 12 Jun 2018 at 17:28
It is the same trial
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 12 Jun 2018 at 18:09

Thanks Lyn, 

i couldn’t open the link in franci ‘s post. 

Since writing my post, I had a phone call from my oncologist this afternoon asking me to go and see him tomorrow. A bit worrying in view of the backache, but I think he is just trying to reassure me.

User
Posted 13 Jun 2018 at 23:11

Well, saw my onco today and he did confirm that there had been some disease progression which was manifesting itself in the backache, but he did add that I am not as bad as he feared.

He's arranging an MRI scan to get a closer look at my spine and he has given me some information on Bisphosphonates to consider ahead of my next appointment. He also mentioned other options, such as more chemo and RT

He has also referred me to a local hospice for day to day care.

In the meantime, they are checking my eligibility for the Triton and Re-AKT trials and that may or may not give me more options.

So still plenty of options, but they are becoming more and more palliative in nature.

User
Posted 14 Jun 2018 at 01:01
Really sorry to hear this Peter, it was not what you had hoped to hear.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard