I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

A good news storystory

User
Posted 19 Jun 2018 at 10:23

Found this post on another forum, I share it here because it is a good news story:

https://www.cancerforums.net/threads/55273-12-years

Edited by member 19 Jun 2018 at 15:16  | Reason: make link work for bollinge! !

User
Posted 19 Jun 2018 at 12:45
Thank you so much for posting this. As the daughter of an amazing man who has recently been diagnosed with advanced PCa, stories like this, however few and far between, offer positivity and hope. X
User
Posted 19 Jun 2018 at 13:01
Why don’t hyper-links show up as such on this website?

In fact the whole set-up is pretty poor when PC UK could have adopted a much more user-friendly platform like Ultimate Bulletin Board.

User
Posted 19 Jun 2018 at 13:03

A great story which offers hope to us all.

Ulsterman

User
Posted 19 Jun 2018 at 13:06
Todd seems to be a top man and a tribute to medical science. Long live Todd!
User
Posted 19 Jun 2018 at 14:02
To make a hyperlink work, you have to post the comment and then go back into it through the edit button and click enter at the end of the hyperlink.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 19 Jun 2018 at 15:19

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
Why don’t hyper-links show up as such on this website?

In fact the whole set-up is pretty poor when PC UK could have adopted a much more user-friendly platform like Ultimate Bulletin Board.

Well it us a charity and one has to assume they are doing their best with limited resources. Perhaps you could volunteer your services to help them next time they are doing a technology refresh??

User
Posted 19 Jun 2018 at 16:46
The hyperlink works fine on my android tablet. Obviously Bollinge isn't using this simple technology!

AC

User
Posted 19 Jun 2018 at 17:10

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

help them next time they are doing a technology refresh??

Nooooooo, don't even mention the r word ... this forum has only recently been updated following lots of work from members / service users / testers. It caused all sorts of tensions and problems. You might think this is a bit clunky; some of us didn't want the upgrade to this and we lost some really useful functions like how many people had read a thread, etc. Couldn't go through it again! 

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 19 Jun 2018 at 17:32
Yes many of us prefered the old format and among other things the more forum orientated search facility. The present one has had some sort of glitches ever since it's adoption several years ago.
Barry