I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Breathlessness on HT

User
Posted 05 Jul 2018 at 21:47

I have been on Decapeptyl now for 10 weeks.  I have been getting dizzy spells getting up from sitting or kneeling down and my GP has put it down to my body not adjusting to standing up quick enough which is something you get when you get older.  Apparently veins in the lower body are supposed to automatically adjust to get more blood pressure to the brain and upperbody when you stand up.  But what is strange is now if I walk up the stairs at it easy pace I get quite breathless and have to hold onto the doorjamb until it passes.  But I cycle regularly about 150 miles a week and once I’m out I never get any breathlessness at all.  I have read that Decapeptyl  can cause breathlessness so I suppose I better see my GP to see what he thinks it could be if anyone on here has experience of breathlessness with Decapeptyl I would be interested on the outcome 

User
Posted 06 Jul 2018 at 09:10
I assume that when you saw your GP he did check your blood pressure.

If so, how did it compare with previous readings?

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 06 Jul 2018 at 17:35

Got worse today, popped in to make an appointment for next week, doctor heard conversation and took me by the arm into his office!

Took blood, sent off direct to hospital for analysis. Blood oxygen was 94, lowest “normal” reading he said. Looked into my eyes and said I appear anaemic. Warned me that if I got stabbing pains in chest go to A and E As it could be a blood clot. Waiting now for results 

User
Posted 06 Jul 2018 at 18:29

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
I assume that when you saw your GP he did check your blood pressure.

If so, how did it compare with previous readings?

I have a decent Omron blood pressure monitor kit and my reading are saved to apple Health and also to my Patient Health Portal thatblinks to my GP

I have bought a Blood Oximeter which will help me monitor my situation