Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Research into the psychological impacts of prostate cancer

User
Posted 09 Jul 2018 at 15:01

Hi everyone,

I am working with researchers at the University of Edinburgh conducting a study into the psychological impact prostate cancer can have on people’s psychological wellbeing.  We are asking any men who have been diagnosed with prostate cancer to take part in our short online survey which can be accessed by clicking the link below. The team at Prostate Cancer UK have kindly allowed us to share our study on the community here.

The survey contains a number of questions which aim to measure psychological concepts such as anxiety, stress and symptoms related to prostate cancer such as physical pain.  More information on the study is available on the information sheet included.

Taking part in this study involves answering a series of short questions/ statements, and should take around 10-15 minutes.  Participation is voluntary, however, the more men across the UK who participate the better understanding will be provided on how prostate cancer can impact different individuals, and how important it may be for tailored support and care systems to be in place to ensure that those diagnosed with prostate cancer are offered appropriate psychological support, alongside any chosen cancer treatments.  To participate, please click on the link below.

https://edinburgh.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/psychology-prostate-cancer

Please feel free to share the link to the study.

Thanks for your participation!
Gareth

Project Reseacher - The Psychological Impacts of Prostate Cancer
School of Health in Social Science
The University of Edinburgh

Edited by moderator 09 Jul 2018 at 15:12  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 10 Jul 2018 at 12:12
Well, John has filled out the questionnaire for you.

Not sure how helpful it will be because some of it didn't seem relevant to his situation so he had trouble identifying

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 10 Jul 2018 at 13:36
Completed. ! Not difficult. Valuable research
User
Posted 10 Jul 2018 at 16:10

Completed.

User
Posted 11 Jul 2018 at 14:42

Completed but like Johsan found it very strange, maybe other people found it Ok.

A bit like talking to a shrink and thats something i have never done, hope it helps somebody.

John.

User
Posted 11 Jul 2018 at 15:05

Started it Gareth, but gave up after a few minutes. Who thought up those questions?

Like John the Print said, more like psychoanalysis, which I suppose it is!

Cheers, John

Edited by member 11 Jul 2018 at 15:06  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 11 Jul 2018 at 16:17

Hi Gareth Questionaire completed thought provoking questions at times good luck with your research I hope it helps future men in our situation

User
Posted 11 Jul 2018 at 17:53
Completed, all the best with your research. Please keep us all in the loop re-outcomes.

“Keep the Faith”

J.

User
Posted 11 Jul 2018 at 17:55

I did mine last night. 

Richard

User
Posted 11 Jul 2018 at 18:08

Done just answered without trying to work out why the question. Concern is over nigh on 14 years some answers would have been different so finished up giving a balance over that time. 

Ray

Edited by member 11 Jul 2018 at 18:24  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 19 Jul 2018 at 20:32

I just completed it. I’m new, diagnosed May. RALP June. i thought the questions were far too weighted towards finding a pre defined conclusion. i.e. Men are bad with emotions. Assumes way too much and was a bit loaded for my liking.

Edited by member 20 Jul 2018 at 23:48  | Reason: Not specified

Base jumping without a parachute should be frowned at, never criticised. Fresh

User
Posted 19 Jul 2018 at 22:09
Job done