Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Recovery after TURP

User
Posted 10 Jul 2018 at 11:43

Hello

I had a TURP operation last week and was discharged a few days ago after catheter removal. I had to wee three times and have a bladder scan after and then was allowed home.

I am trying to find other peoples experience of after the procedure.

After 3 days I find I am getting the urge to pee very often but the flow is slow, uncomfortable and low in quantity. Is this normal? Perhaps I was expecting too much too soon. I do feel empty after and apart from a little discomfort (I had a rectal biopsy at the same time) I feel well, my pee is pinkish and no clots.

Will the flow improve and the frequency lower?

If anyone has any experience, advice I would be very grateful.

User
Posted 10 Jul 2018 at 14:29
My flow was quite painful but at full speed after the TURP and catheter removal. While healing was going on (I think lasting for a couple of weeks) I was quite sore. Just when I thought it was all over, I passed an enormous clot... It's probably early days to evaluate your rate of flow, but do ask for medical advice if you are worried.
Tony

TURP then LRP in 2009/2010. Lots of leakage but PSA < 0.1 AMS-800 Artificial Sphincter activated 2015.

User
Posted 10 Jul 2018 at 17:22

Thanks Tony, maybe I'm just being a bit too anxious. The reason I had it done was because it was difficult to pee, it still is. Ill give it a few days and if no improvement see the Doc