Notification

Error

TLC count shoot up

User
Posted 10 Jul 2018 at 16:54

Dear All, my Father TLC count shoot up to 23000 Is this case of infection 

User
Posted 10 Jul 2018 at 17:30
Yes contact the hospital straight away. You really can’t take any risks with this.
User
Posted 11 Jul 2018 at 17:09
Bose, nobody on this forum can say. You must speak to your father's oncologist about this.

AC

User
Posted 14 Jul 2018 at 09:11
Hi Bose, this treatment is likely to produce a temporary remission, but with luck, that could last for years (as I described in my previous reply to you, based on the results of clinical trials). Every patient is different and so it is impossible to make a prediction for your father of how long he will respond. Also, PSA is not the only important measure. The other factors are how he is feeling (symptoms) and the results of the scans he will after the end of the chemo.

Good luck with everything!

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 10 Jul 2018 at 17:04
You need to explain what you mean by TLC - it is not a measurement used in the UK. And you really need to stop opening new conversations - add your new comments to one of your many existing threads.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 10 Jul 2018 at 17:10
Sorry LyneEyre Ma'am , I am new in this forum white Blood cell is shoot up to 23000 after white blood cell booster. Is is this case of infection should I rush to the hospital
User
Posted 10 Jul 2018 at 17:30
Yes contact the hospital straight away. You really can’t take any risks with this.
User
Posted 11 Jul 2018 at 16:49
Hello All, what are the chances of spreading cancer from spine to brain in advance prostate cancer.
User
Posted 11 Jul 2018 at 17:09
Bose, nobody on this forum can say. You must speak to your father's oncologist about this.

AC

User
Posted 14 Jul 2018 at 07:37

Dear All, can anyone tell me chemotherapy (Docetaxel) help psa down  and cancer remission for how many years or chemo is temporary solution and again psa rise after finishing the chemo pls tell me I am awaiting for your response

User
Posted 14 Jul 2018 at 09:11
Hi Bose, this treatment is likely to produce a temporary remission, but with luck, that could last for years (as I described in my previous reply to you, based on the results of clinical trials). Every patient is different and so it is impossible to make a prediction for your father of how long he will respond. Also, PSA is not the only important measure. The other factors are how he is feeling (symptoms) and the results of the scans he will after the end of the chemo.

Good luck with everything!

User
Posted 14 Jul 2018 at 09:24

Bose, you have said in previous threads that your dad's cancer has spread to his spine, and was severe enough to cause SCC. He is never going to go into remission. The chemo can help the hormones to work for longer and can reduce some of the side effects but that is all.

Edited by member 14 Jul 2018 at 09:29  | Reason: Not specified

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 14 Jul 2018 at 09:40
Sorry, by “ remission” I meant “not getting any worse “
User
Posted 14 Jul 2018 at 09:45

Dear Dark warrior, Thanks for your prompt response.

User
Posted 14 Jul 2018 at 10:09

Thank you 😊 for your prompt reply Dark warrior and LynEyre my question is from LynEyre My Father is having SCC. I read SCC is managed somehow Oncologist also giving him bone cementing injections . If chemotherapy and hormone therapy working properly his survival rate is extending for many years . He don't have any brain and skull metastasis

Edited by member 14 Jul 2018 at 10:10  | Reason: Not specified