I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

cycling after having a artificial urinary sphincter fitted

User
Posted 24 Jul 2018 at 13:19

Hi.After having my prostate removed because of cancer and going for three years without regaining continence i had a artificial urinary sphincter fitted, i am very pleased to say that this has been a tremendous success, and i can get on with my life, well most of it, prior to my cancer i was a very keen cyclist for many years, i am 73 years younge now but i would still like to carry on cycling for quite a few more years yet.The thing  that bothers me is even though my consultant has told me that with the correct saddle i will be ok cycling i am terrified of doing any damage to my plumbing, what i am after finding out is there anybody out there who has had this operation done and is still cycling?

User
Posted 24 Jul 2018 at 20:42
Just working up the courage to have a go.....
Tony
TURP then LRP in 2009/2010. Lots of leakage but PSA < 0.1 AMS-800 Artificial Sphincter activated 2015.
User
Posted 10 Aug 2018 at 11:06

Hi

I haven’t had surgery but I cycle a recumbent tricycle with electric assist and I love it  - because of balance problems - I imagine that would protect your plumbing.

User
Posted 12 Aug 2018 at 19:48

Hi Steve. Thanks for your reply, but sadly things ( for the time being) have changed, the dreaded Cancer has returned. I will get done what has to be done and take it from there. I Will return.

Edited by member 13 Aug 2018 at 01:29  | Reason: Not specified