I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

My Father is falling in washroom pls help

User
Posted 12 Aug 2018 at 15:08

Dear All my father is done with 6th chemo but due to weakness in his leg he falls in washroom at that time he is having pain in hips now there is very little pain I am afraidThere is some kind of fracture and can u just tell me what are the symptoms of fracture can I do x ray because he is having mscc pls tell what should I do now

User
Posted 12 Aug 2018 at 18:14
Hi Bose, if you think he may have a fracture then get him to hospital for an X Ray.
User
Posted 12 Aug 2018 at 21:02
No, you are not answering the questions we ask to try to help you.

Can he feel his legs? Chemo does not cause weakness like this. He would be unlikely to be able t9 walk if he has broken his leg or hip but it should not be for you to decide whether or not he needs an x-ray.

What is the problem for you? Is it that you have to pay for medical advice and you are trying to avoid too many big bills?
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 12 Aug 2018 at 18:14
Hi Bose, if you think he may have a fracture then get him to hospital for an X Ray.
User
Posted 12 Aug 2018 at 18:16
Dear Dark warrior if he having fracture he is unable to walk but now he is able to walk very little pain in hip area
User
Posted 12 Aug 2018 at 18:43
Bose, based on some of your recent posts you seem very confused about what SCC actually is.

SCC is when the tumour in the spine damages the spinal cord and leaves someone paralysed - it can also stop their bowel from working, or in its earlier stages cause numbness or pins & needles in the legs & feet. You have previously stated that your dad had SCC when he was first diagnosed.

SCC does not stand for just having mets in the spine.

If your dad is falling over because he cannot feel his legs, he may have SCC and you need urgent medical attention.

If he cannot feel much pain in his hips, is this because there isn't much pain or because he doesn't have feeling? Have you tried pressing or pinching him in different places? If he can feel things but doesn't have much pain then perhaps he didn't hurt himself when he fell over.

Chemo cannot cure SCC or make it better, but it can make the pain of spinal mets feel better. These are different things.

If you are concerned about your dad, you should seek medical advice or contact his doctors rather than post on here.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 12 Aug 2018 at 19:11
Thanks LynEyre for your reply before chemo and radiation he was suffering from lot of pain in spine but now he is having no pain in spine he walk very slowly due to chemo weakness today he fall in washroom after that he is having pain in hips but now he is ok very little pain but I am afraid about hip fracture so please tell should I do x ray or not but my friend if hip is fracture he is unable to walk but he is walking so pls advise me
User
Posted 12 Aug 2018 at 21:02
No, you are not answering the questions we ask to try to help you.

Can he feel his legs? Chemo does not cause weakness like this. He would be unlikely to be able t9 walk if he has broken his leg or hip but it should not be for you to decide whether or not he needs an x-ray.

What is the problem for you? Is it that you have to pay for medical advice and you are trying to avoid too many big bills?
User
Posted 13 Aug 2018 at 04:34
No LynEyre In this forum we are just like family Doctors don't have much time to give All answers my father feels his leg but due to chemo weakness he is taking very little steps Hospital is very far from my house every time it is impossible to take him to the hospital so I asked questions in this forum . He feels his legs next .My father is done with 6th chemo next month he is having carcinoma prostate Psma pet scan after that doctor recommend Physiotherapist for Mobility