Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Simon Story Chapter 2

User
Posted 12 Dec 2016 at 18:22

Many thanks for your reply's

So latest PSA 0.09 happy with that after 10 weeks of HT, so thats my lot for HT, my guess is i will get another drop in 4 weeks then it will start climbing, so around June i will be around 2 then Jamie can start his magic http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif

Works Christmas party tomorrow night then sales meeting the following morning http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif should be good

Si xx

Don't deny the diagnosis; try to defy the verdict
User
Posted 12 Dec 2016 at 20:19

Good news indeed, here's hoping it lasts for a while. Enjoy your do's!

User
Posted 12 Dec 2016 at 20:44
Most excellent, keep going mate as you owe me a beer at the Flyer next December !

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 02 Apr 2017 at 09:43

Morning all from a lovely sunny Newark, my latest update

Still refusing all treatment except Denosumab, things now are starting to move again PSA has gone from 0.22 too 1.6 in five weeks.

So now back to constant pressure to restart treatment and a full week of scan appointments.

Lots to think about, i managed to dump the cardiologist and all the heart meds months ago, they said it was cancer medication induced tachycardia, so if i am not taking cancer meds then i will not get tachycardia and i was right no attacks at all. Three less tablets http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif

So prognosis was 2-3 years and no chance of 4 well i have beat that, i might not follow the normal path treatment wise but it works for me.

So lots to think about over the next few days, decisions, decisions http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif

Si

User
Posted 02 Apr 2017 at 13:52

Hi Si
I'm with you all the way haha. I get your mind-set even if others don't. It's your illness so you have outright say. Big decisions for me too at the end of the month. With a constantly rising psa I'll have to have some treatment or other but not in a rush to mess with my body at all tbh. I feel fine !!
Take care mate
Chris

User
Posted 02 Apr 2017 at 15:39

Si,

I'm with you 100%.

You dare to go where......etc etc.http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif

I feel as you do. We know our bodies best, know when a medication is doing us more harm than good, and also know that we're sensible enough not to take stupid risks.

Gut instinct is a great thing.

I know it's not for everybody - some cancers are terrifylingly aggressive.

Those really do need extreme caution and the best oncologists around.

But if we realise our stubborness is working for us, then we're very lucky guys.

We know we can never be cured, but at least we can keep on top of our cancer for much longer than we were told at diagnosis.

If only all PCa was the same. The day will come, hopefully soon, when immunotherapy will be available to all.

That is the only way that our unique cancer cells will be erradicated.

It can't come soon enough. We have lost far too many good men in the time we've been on these forums.

So. keep on doing what you're doing, Si.

What you've achieved so far is quite incredible.

All the very best,

George

User
Posted 03 Apr 2017 at 12:53

I can feel the pressure for you Si. But I spose you will wait for the scan outcomes and consult with Jamie before you make any firm decisions.
Things have worked well so far with your strategy and long may that continue but listen to Jamie's thoughts carefully, he's one of the good ones

Take care

Bri

User
Posted 03 Apr 2017 at 17:44

I admire your approach though I could not be so brave. But I think Bri gets it spot on, certainly keep your input and voice but if the arguments are reasonable listen good and be prepared to change your view. It's your body but it's their knowledge! Good luck as always. Good to see you all last week.

Edited by member 03 Apr 2017 at 17:44  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 03 Apr 2017 at 19:57

Hhhhmmm - would like to be a fly on the wall at your house right now :-/

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 03 Apr 2017 at 19:59

You expected to reach 2 around June but you are going to get there much earlier than anticipated. I asked you this before but I will ask again - what number is the threshold in your mind?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 03 Apr 2017 at 21:35

Thanks for your reply's

Lyn not really sure what i will do yet, the rise was much more than expected and my guess is in 4 weeks i will be around the 6 mark and that will be the highest my PSA has been.

So i will listen to Jamie and give it my best consideration, if there is no progression in my scans then it will make my decision a lot harder.

I think a PSA of 2 was always my point of commencing some form of treatment but the question is what treatment

You soon get use to not being on HT http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif

User
Posted 04 Apr 2017 at 06:51
Si, you have always been your own man. I was amazed and impressed with your stance on things when I first met you a couple of years ago. I know that I could not have taken the course you steered to date. I am in no way as experienced as many on this site but I realise now that what we think is sometimes clever, diet, exercise, tretment paths may or may not have any effect at all on us although the latter has a good degree of proven science to support. The key to me is how you feel about it, you know me, I run and as such I believe that helps, it may not of course and may even accelerate it, who knows. But and it is a big but, the treatment paths now are quite well established in most cases so I hope that Jamie has your ear more than he has done on other occasions.

Wishing you an eureka moment to make the decision easier for you, take care, Kev

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 04 Apr 2017 at 10:44

Sorry to be reading this Simon.

No use praying but I will keep everything crossed that whatever you opt for works for you and the family.

dave

All we can do - is do all that we can.

So, do all you can to help yourself, then make the best of your time. :-)

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 05 Apr 2017 at 01:29
Well what can I say . Other than you and Trevor are mirror opposites you jump in such small numbers and Trevor jumps in the hundreds but both are still here 4 years on ! Who would have thought it !!

Si you have always taken control and been a master of your own destiny Trevor on the other hand has always played it by the book.

So the Turmeric versus Fosters diet for me doesn't hold water . 😛

You are both a miracle and whatever gene you both have in common should be investigated and most certainly be bottled .

What ever you decide I am behind you 100/% . But just for the record if there is a a blakuim 227 on the table don't go for it apparently it turns your skin brown 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Xxxx

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 13 Apr 2017 at 15:17
So another PSA test yesterday it is now 3.25 so doubled in 10 days so better than x5 in 4 weeks

Got my scan results yesterday CT all ok no soft tissue involvement

Bone scan not so good. 5 new tumours 2 have grown bigger and 2 have disappeared 😀

So Jamie tonight should be a good chat let's see what he has got in his bag of goodies

Si

User
Posted 13 Apr 2017 at 16:08

I will be thinking about you and waiting for the update x

User
Posted 13 Apr 2017 at 17:31

Hi Si

I have followed your progress, your discussions with Jamie and how you are always determined to do your own thing. In your posting on 3 April 2017 you said:

“So I will listen to Jamie and give it my best consideration, if there is no progression in my scans then it will make my decision a lot harder.”

You have accepted that your bone scan is not good Let us all hope that Jamie has some options which you can accept.

Very best regards.

Alan

User
Posted 13 Apr 2017 at 17:38
Thinking of you Si X

BFN

JulieX

User
Posted 13 Apr 2017 at 18:07

We're all thinking about you, Si.

Tonight looks like being a very important appointment with Jamie.

Here's hoping you can reach a compromise and get some action on those bone tumours.

Keeping everything crossed that you'll post an 'upbeat update'.

Stay Positive!

George

User
Posted 13 Apr 2017 at 18:26

Hope the appointment is a positive one and that you can both come to an agreement regarding your further treatment.

Fingers crossed for you

Best Wishes

Sandra

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 13 Apr 2017 at 21:08

Well a nice 45 minute discussion and we have a plan that i will most probably agree to tomorrow.

Start bicalutamide tomorrow, this i will not do, never have.

Zoladex injection next Friday, Yep http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif Just one

Week Monday start 3 cycles of Cabazitaxel

And after that if PSA goes back to undetectable and scans show no progression then i can stop treatment again http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif

Happy with that

Si xx 

User
Posted 13 Apr 2017 at 21:17

<<sigh>>

Love you, Superman Si x

User
Posted 13 Apr 2017 at 21:46
Most probably agree tomorrow? Most probably ?

What can I say except this is the song that I dedicate to you it has to be ! I Did it My Way !

I don't always agree with your choices but that's because I am a whimp but my friend I take my hat off to you , you are one heck of a guy . You have owned this cancer from day one and wether your choices are right or wrong is irrelevant. What's important to you is that you are in the driving seat and blooming heck you have never let anyone else take the wheel .

Love you loads.

BFN

Julie X

User
Posted 14 Apr 2017 at 10:12

Great to hear there is an agreeable plan in place. Fingers crossed for no progression etc so you can cease treatment again as I know that is what you really want

We will have to catch up for a few beers and maybe a curry

Bri

User
Posted 14 Apr 2017 at 12:02

Wow interesting plan. A different chemo will be interesting to see it's effectiveness. Sounds a good plan, well negotiated. Let's hope you get good results.

User
Posted 14 Apr 2017 at 14:54

Thanks Paul, you have summed up perfectly what I wanted to say.

Si, I personally think this is a good plan, and like everyone here, I'm waiting optimistically to see you report increasingly good results.

We all want to have breaks from treatment because they really seem to return us to some 'normality'. Energy back etc.

But we know only too well that eventually, we have to grudgingly accept that we're coming to the end of a break, PSA rises higher (and faster), and it's back on the treatment treadmill for us.http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-frown.gif

Once back on it, we count the days till we see a chance to once more have that 'holiday'.

I have noticed that my hormone holidays have got shorter each time, but now, even a year or 18 months off treatment is like a lottery win.http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-frown.gif

Wishing you the very best,

George

User
Posted 02 May 2017 at 20:34
Quick update

Didn't quite do the plan thought I would give the zolodex a miss for now I am sure Jamie will be fine when I see him Thursday

So last Monday I started cabazitaxel with my PSA at 4.6 and my thought was to forget the HT for now so that my cancer was all bright eyed and bushy tailed for when the chemo arrived rather than being subdued with HT

So what can I say about cabazitaxel well quite different side effects from docitaxel but not to bad. No need for all the steroids that I used to take before docitaxel which is great as I don't really like steroids

So bloods tomorrow and will see what the psa is if it is around 5 ish then the ht can wait. At the moment I am hoping to get the psa to below 1 by 4 cycles and that will be me done kids break up for summer and it's fun all the way

Still got a few months worth of Abbi that I might throw in the mix if the psa is a bit stubborn

So far in 41/2 years I managed over 2 years with no treatment and I quite like it so this will be a short sharp hit with all the nice things I still have in my cupboard 🤠🤠

Xx

User
Posted 02 May 2017 at 23:00

Keep at it Si. I've got everything crossed for the blood test results. I know how important it is to you to be well enough to have summer fun with your girls.

When you are up to it we need to meet for beer

Bri

User
Posted 03 May 2017 at 00:19

Crazy guy, you are going to be in so much s**t on Thursday .... shall I come to counsel Jamie after he has seen you?

User
Posted 08 May 2017 at 14:55

Quick update for anyone else going on Cabazataxal;

Before starting my PSA was quadrupling every 4 weeks, so my starting PSA was 4.6 but i made the choice not to take HT. i read a really good article once about the take up of chemo between dormant and active tumors, and looking back to when i first had chemo over 4 years ago this was started only one week after commencing HT and i had great results back then.

So after the first week of Chemo my PSA came back as 4.79 so only a small increase, my second cycle is next Monday and if the PSA is still similar then i will leave the HT for another month.

So far there has not been much difference with Docetaxel, 

Si    

User
Posted 08 May 2017 at 15:59

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

So far there has not been much difference with Docetaxel

Are you referring to side effects Si or something else? I suspect I may be looking at Cabazataxal before too long.

User
Posted 08 May 2017 at 16:15

Hi David

Yes side effects, i find the taste issue a bit easier this time and not being a great fan of steroids you only have some via the drip no tablets

But it has only been one cycle http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif 

User
Posted 08 May 2017 at 16:42

Thanks Si, I hate the steroids too, they have given me fat ankles. http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-surprised.gif Have you tried ice cubes and frozen pineapple cubes whilst you're having the infusion? It's helped me with taste whilst on docetaxel. I'll ask you again about side effects when you've had some more infusions and/or when I'm about to start Cabazataxal. In the meantime we should continue to use beer to resolve all problems and indeed discover the meaning of life itself. http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-surprised.gif

Edited by member 08 May 2017 at 16:49  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 08 May 2017 at 17:04

My mum always told me that fat ankles are a sign of poor breeding 🤔

User
Posted 08 May 2017 at 17:11

So you are both joining the cabbage club .... if you haven't already seen this thread, there may be something helpful in it? http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/posts/t7820-Cabbage-Club----------------Cabazitaxel?=#post7820

User
Posted 08 May 2017 at 18:18

So you are both joining the cabbage club .... if you haven't already seen this thread, there may be something helpful in it? http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/posts/t7820-Cabbage-Club----------------Cabazitaxel?=#post7820

Thanks Lyn, I hadn't seen this. You can be sure I will read every word.

User
Posted 08 May 2017 at 18:22

Yikes! Surely you are not suggesting that there is some correlation between poor breeding and God's county of Essex? http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif

User
Posted 08 May 2017 at 18:38

Yikes! Surely you are not suggesting that there is some correlation between poor breeding and God's county of Essex? http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif

Just don't raise the edge of your dress above your ankles and you'll be fine.  Here in Essex we are very demure !!!!

User
Posted 08 May 2017 at 23:11
Sugar how I have I missed this , I wanted to say s*** but I am ever so respectful of Lyns laptop 😂

So here we go at speed reading just to play catch up.

Pineapple

Frozen

Cabbages

Essex dress code ( really not sure how this has anything to do with pca but I will read on )

HT don't tell Jamie

Don't wake Ness

Chelsea 2 Middlesbrough 0 ( sorry I got confused wrong sight)👏

Fat ankles 😂😂😂😂😂 know we are talking ( you have peeked up my Essex dress code ) 🤗 You little monkey 🐒

Love you ! Love you ! Si Superman keep doing it your way .

BFN

Julie X

Ps puppies on the way any day tell the girls x

User
Posted 08 May 2017 at 23:45

I heard that in Southend on Sea you can buy Ankle Spanx in natural skin tones or tangerine?

Edited by member 09 May 2017 at 00:24  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 09 May 2017 at 02:59

Going to have to teach you to speak proper Essex. It's not Southend (best BBC accent) my dear, it's Sarfend!

User
Posted 07 Jun 2017 at 08:01

Thought it was time to update my Cabazitaxel Journey, so far three cycles and if my memory serves me well it has been slightly better than Docetaxel, my sleep is much better and the odd taste is much improved.

24/4 Chemo #1 PSA 4.79 ALP 79

15/5 Chemo #2 PSA 4.89 ALP 78 not what i was hoping for, might need to introduce HT after all, will wait till next cycle

5/6 Chemo #3 PSA 1.22 ALP 70 http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif that's Better.

So we are going for a slight intermittent Chemo i will have cycle 4 as normal then stop for the school holidays and have my last two cycles starting the end of August.

Best wishes to all

Si xx

User
Posted 07 Jun 2017 at 20:41

Great to see the drop Si....you will have a great summer with your girls

Bri

User
Posted 09 Jun 2017 at 22:50
Si Superman I have no idea if a take a break chemo is a good idea but as always I am one hundred percent behind you .

Scores on the doors are Supercalafragalisticexpialadosous.

Any time you and the girls want to visit just let me know the draw bridge will be open 😉 Puppies are here.

BFN

Julie XX

User
Posted 11 Jun 2017 at 21:05
Hi Si, hope that you get a great break from it and the good progress carries on afterwards. Take care, Kev

User
Posted 11 Jun 2017 at 22:54
You are stuck in the loop Si , it's a bit like the Bermuda Triangle but without a map 😜

BFN

Julie X

User
Posted 03 Jul 2017 at 16:48

So Cabazitaxel #4 Today delayed for one week so that i could attend a wedding.

PSA 0.92 down from 1.22 ALP 61 so all good still not adding HT into the mix.

Si xx

User
Posted 03 Jul 2017 at 18:18

Great news Si ness. Enjoy the wedding

User
Posted 26 Aug 2017 at 09:21

Thought i would do a quick update for anyone that is following my treatment, i had my 4th Cabazitaxel  on the 3rd July with my PSA down to 0.93 and then decided to stop for the school holidays, sneaked in a PSA early August and PSA is now 0.64 so #5 on Tuesday and then see Jamie on Thursday to discuss where we go next.

During the break i managed to squeeze in a Ablation and my Tachycardia is now a thing of the past http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif but my one and only night in a Hospital was hell not really sure how anyone is meant to sleep so at 6 am it was time to leave i had had enough http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif

So this is the first time that i have not got a plan in my head for going forward, over the last 5 years i have managed to avoid treatment for 2 of them.

I do not think i will get to undetectable with two more Chemo, and i do not fancy restarting HT so i might restart Abbi just until the PSA gets to undetectable or i might just stop all treatment again not sure time to start researching again.

But i am sure Jamie will have a plan to discuss 

Si 

User
Posted 26 Aug 2017 at 10:59

I admire your free spirit Si. I get where you are at lol. And you have obviously a great Onco and relationship with him. I see my new Onco properly on Wednesday and I'm hoping it's just psa and left off treatment !! My only worry is endless aches and pains in both my legs and hips, but in honesty it could be because I'm working again as a Healthcare Assistant and its bloomin hard graft. Keep strong brother 👍