I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Greetings all

User
Posted 19 May 2014 at 13:20

Newly registered and just having a preliminary nose around, so thought I ought to stop off and say "Hi" to everyone.

Possibly made a boo-boo in registering with my old Avatar - probably should have just used Phil_S or similar. I have no need of anonymity, indeed, quite the opposite. Never mind - perhaps I can correct that later. http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-embarassed.gif

My initial reason for signing on was to gain some personal info/advice as to handling the dreaded hot flushes - they're getting to seriously hack me off now. It seems my attempts at mental de-stressing has no effect on this bugbear, so I'm here to ask the real knowledge base.

Speak with you again soon I hope, in the meantime, I'm off a-learning. http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-embarassed.gif

User
Posted 19 May 2014 at 17:31
Greetings TheWrinklyNinj. New here myself and my husband has different problems but I am sure other helpful members will do their best.
We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 20 May 2014 at 20:48
Hi,welcome. I am not an expert but found soya products helpful during hot flushes,also Black Cohosh. I know this does effect some meds so PLEASE check with a pharmacist first. Also cut down coffee/cola drinks. Others may be able to help more.
User
Posted 20 May 2014 at 20:52
Including Soya products such as Tofu seems to negate the problem for me.

Sage tea might also be worth trying.

User
Posted 20 May 2014 at 23:15

Hi Wrinkly!!  If you're not worried about taking a tablet or two, then my husband's saviour in this department was a drug called 'Cyprostat'.  Once he had the dose right, all flushes disappeared within 4 days - never to have returned.  He has continued on this medication for coming up to 3 years now.  Recently his dose was doubled in an effort to bring down his PSA level again as it has been rising - it's also a PCa treatment in its own right but he has been taking it alongside HT.  Wishing you luck in solving your problem.

Cath

User
Posted 21 May 2014 at 22:05

Hi Wrinkly,

Welcome to the sight, trite to say but sorry that you find yourself here.  Trevor suffers with hot flushes terribly and nothing seems to have helped, I have just bought a hand held mini fan that he now use's . He really didn't want to take more medication to help and the natural alternatives have not really helped.

Pound shop do a good deal on hand held mini fans.

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON