Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

RT - restricted flow

User
Posted 22 May 2014 at 21:33
Evening all,

I'm currently trundling through my RT, around two weeks to go - whoo!

Early in my RT treatment I hit some urine flow issues and was placed on tamsulosin tablets (1x400mcg per day)

However, I've hit the same issue again and during my weekly meet 'n greet discussion with the support team I mentioned it.

I was given a couple of ultra sounds pre and post wee and I'm retaining around 200 ml even after 'doing my best'.

My issue is going to be referred and I need to arrive early for RT tomorrow to see the registrar.

I assumed that my tamsulosin dosage would be increased but the potential of a catheter was mentioned as a potential solution.

Anyone have one experience with flow issues while on tamsulosin?

Was a catheter the way forward?

All views welcomed....

Cheers

Kevin

User
Posted 23 May 2014 at 10:54
I've just completed a course of 37 RT treatments. My flow was quite poor and I resumed tamsulosin part way through RT. It still isn't good: urgency, nocturia, both combined with poor flow. I've been assured that things will improve over the next few weeks.

Some men I met during RT were catheterised, but I didn't meet anyone who had tamsulosin dosage increased.

A few tips while undergoing RT: take a spare of underpants with you in a polythene bag; wait 10-15 minutes after RT treatment before leaving hospital; keep a plastic peeing bottle in the car.

Good luck

Viv

User
Posted 23 May 2014 at 17:05

Thanks Viv,

I've just returned from the hospital and I'm pleased to say that I avoided the catheter experience by 40ml http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif

However I will be tested again on Tuesday, so i'll just have to wait to see if things have improved over the weekend.

cheers

Kevin