Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Bazza back!

User
Posted 26 May 2014 at 18:17
Hey guys and girls. I re-joined.

Hate change. Being a Taurean, would you expect anything less? Am off for my first three month post commencement of Zoladex PSA test on Friday. Was 0.26 in early March. Any bets or guesses on what it could be three months later after three monthly Zoladex injections? Answers on a postcard.
User
Posted 27 May 2014 at 19:12

HI Bazza,

Great to see you back, I agree with the rest, my money is on lower.

Its all down to the beer consumption you knowhttp://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif

Si  

Don't deny the diagnosis; try to defy the verdict
User
Posted 27 May 2014 at 13:34
Hi Bazza, just replied on the other thread and then saw this - sorry! Welcome back!

I am putting a fiver on it being less than 0.26. Are you just going for the blood test, getting the result or are you actually seeing the medics on Friday?

Hang in there my friend x
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 27 May 2014 at 22:11

Hi Bazza,

Yes great to see you back, Just a word of warning I wouldn't enter into a drinking competition with Si, have you seen his new avatar, (drinking like a fish comes to mind).

My bet is also lower.

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 30 May 2014 at 10:52
Bazza,
By now I hope you have changed your mind. Head in the sand is pointless. Being quite brutal what if your thoughts come true and they do in fact say, "you have only got 2 years left". Then what is there to do but get on and make the most of those two years.
THAT though Bazza isn't going to be the case get your ar*e down there and get the good news.
Life is for living (from someone who is terminal)
Barry (alias Barrington )
User
Posted 30 May 2014 at 14:37
Freddie Trueman?
User
Posted 30 May 2014 at 17:21

Brilliant Bazza.  Don't be so pessimistic next time.  Keep up the progress.

Mo - lottery numbers for tomorrow?

Paul

Stay Calm And Carry On.
User
Posted 31 May 2014 at 07:01
"We have nothing to fear but fear itself". That was supposed to be cheering when Roosevelt said it but he was only talking about the world wide depression. What's money compared to life. Worry wears us down and makes everything that much harder. Easy to say, like people do, "Oh you'll be fine" but that's said for their benefit not ours.
Glad your results were good. We are a long way from that at present.
I'm the one doing the worrying. The other half is currently fast asleep, as he does most nights, and I'm the one who has to pretend I'm not really fretting.
But then, he hasn't read anything about PC unless I've shoved it under his nose and said "read it" !
Celebrate your current life, enjoy it. Best Wishes Sandra
PS Looked that quote up on the net. Roosevelt pinched it from Francis Bacon and I pinched it from Roosevelt.
I really ought to get out more!
We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 27 May 2014 at 13:34
Hi Bazza, just replied on the other thread and then saw this - sorry! Welcome back!

I am putting a fiver on it being less than 0.26. Are you just going for the blood test, getting the result or are you actually seeing the medics on Friday?

Hang in there my friend x
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 27 May 2014 at 15:48
Hi Bazza
I'm with Lyn on this one my friend. Less than 0.26 is my vote.

Lots of love and welcome back
Allison xxxx
User
Posted 27 May 2014 at 18:08
Bloods tomorrow, medics Friday. How can it be less than last time?
User
Posted 27 May 2014 at 19:12

HI Bazza,

Great to see you back, I agree with the rest, my money is on lower.

Its all down to the beer consumption you knowhttp://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif

Si  

Don't deny the diagnosis; try to defy the verdict
User
Posted 27 May 2014 at 22:11

Hi Bazza,

Yes great to see you back, Just a word of warning I wouldn't enter into a drinking competition with Si, have you seen his new avatar, (drinking like a fish comes to mind).

My bet is also lower.

BFN

Julie X

User
Posted 29 May 2014 at 11:55
Hi bazza
I am going for 0.13
Great to see you posting
Xx
User
Posted 29 May 2014 at 18:59
All CBT out the window. Now really packing it convinced my PSA will be through the roof tomorrow and I'll be told two years left max. How powerful the brain is when fear takes hold
User
Posted 29 May 2014 at 20:21
Hope all goes well tomorrow. I feel like I'm in a similar boat as I'm waiting for the results of my latest PSA test results - I'm a year down the road from RTP and all tests have been undetectable but I've convinced myself tomorrow will be bad news.
User
Posted 29 May 2014 at 22:22

Yes the fear-filled brain is a powerful thing Bazza, but you are more powerful than the fear - you have proved this to yourself time & time again. Seems to me that you are holding it together better than the last couple of tests so the CBT must be doing some good x

Anyway, who's in the photo? 

Edited by member 29 May 2014 at 22:23  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 30 May 2014 at 06:23
Me and Sir Ian Botham
User
Posted 30 May 2014 at 09:19
But he is a rough Yorkshireman and you are from the south!

Let us know how it goes today
User
Posted 30 May 2014 at 09:25
He's from Cheshire Lyn but spent most of his life in Somerset. I may not go today. In a very bad way. Had a nightmare last night that it has rocketed from 0.26 to 5.8
User
Posted 30 May 2014 at 10:52
Bazza,
By now I hope you have changed your mind. Head in the sand is pointless. Being quite brutal what if your thoughts come true and they do in fact say, "you have only got 2 years left". Then what is there to do but get on and make the most of those two years.
THAT though Bazza isn't going to be the case get your ar*e down there and get the good news.
Life is for living (from someone who is terminal)
User
Posted 30 May 2014 at 11:09

Hi Bazza,

I have to agree with Barry, not going won't make the result any different. You can do it. Come back with good news.

I will be thinking about you

BFN

Julie X

User
Posted 30 May 2014 at 13:29
Who am I thinking of then?

Go!!!!!
User
Posted 30 May 2014 at 14:37
Freddie Trueman?
User
Posted 30 May 2014 at 17:13
Bang on. 0.13
User
Posted 30 May 2014 at 17:21

Brilliant Bazza.  Don't be so pessimistic next time.  Keep up the progress.

Mo - lottery numbers for tomorrow?

Paul

Stay Calm And Carry On.
User
Posted 30 May 2014 at 18:11
Bazza,
BRILLIANT 😄and I hate to tell you but WE TOLD YOU SO😜
Now Bazza get on with living your life to the full and enjoy a couple of beers (or more tonight)🍻
By the way well done for going.....you would have got one hell of a bolli**ing if you hadn't.😤
Life is for living
User
Posted 30 May 2014 at 18:15
Brilliant news Bazza ... just bloody brilliant. You owe me £5 x

Sir Geoff Boycott?

Sixfoottwo, I understand that you are new and cannot possibly know everyone's histories but believe me, Bazza's fear is deep and real. You will see us oldies telling people to man up sometimes but for anyone suffering extreme distress we are hopefully more understanding!
User
Posted 30 May 2014 at 18:16
Point taken, but why only a 50% drop after 2 1/2 months on Zoladex. I would have thought starting at a microscopically low number such as 0.26, it would have fallen to undetectable. Am perplexed - or are gradual reductions over several months normal?

Edited by member 30 May 2014 at 18:17  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 30 May 2014 at 18:54
Baz, the hormone is starving the cancer not blasting it into space. Halving and halving again - the forum has seen many others get this response; it takes time for the PSA to drop as the cancer cells find insufficient food/energy to replicate. Don't forget that you are starting HT at a point that many zoladex patients have to wait months if not years to achieve.

Edited by member 30 May 2014 at 19:08  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 30 May 2014 at 19:23
Bazza,
I will be more blunt than Lyn, yesterday you were sure that the PSA was going up, be blo*dy grateful that it has HALVED.
What is the point of questioning wonderful news I repeat your PSA has Halved in less than 3 months and if that's not good news then I don't know what is.
Please, please accept what everyone else is saying and put your worries behind you and enjoy the many many PCa free years you have left.
Life is for living
Barry (alias Barrington)
User
Posted 30 May 2014 at 19:29

Brilliant news Bazza,

So Happy for you.

BFN

Julie X

User
Posted 31 May 2014 at 03:50
Brazza:
Congratulations!
I can so easily relate to your "catastrophizing" the future. It's our nature. It's no more rational than assuming that "everything will be all right", as people who care keep reminding us. It simply is what it is. Your test was good news. As well as you can, try to accept what is real and don't make the mistake of thinking "They must have missed something".
Best,
Lawrence
"I am not young enough to know everything."
Oscar Wilde
User
Posted 31 May 2014 at 07:01
"We have nothing to fear but fear itself". That was supposed to be cheering when Roosevelt said it but he was only talking about the world wide depression. What's money compared to life. Worry wears us down and makes everything that much harder. Easy to say, like people do, "Oh you'll be fine" but that's said for their benefit not ours.
Glad your results were good. We are a long way from that at present.
I'm the one doing the worrying. The other half is currently fast asleep, as he does most nights, and I'm the one who has to pretend I'm not really fretting.
But then, he hasn't read anything about PC unless I've shoved it under his nose and said "read it" !
Celebrate your current life, enjoy it. Best Wishes Sandra
PS Looked that quote up on the net. Roosevelt pinched it from Francis Bacon and I pinched it from Roosevelt.
I really ought to get out more!
We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 31 May 2014 at 19:49

Great result as guessed it would be Bazza.

Well done.