I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

PSA test..... I think not

User
Posted 30 May 2014 at 19:44
There may be two posts as not sure where my first one went..... Please delete this mods if my other one is moderated ( same title ish)

Well it's bang on 3 month since my last PSA test. That was my first since adjuvent RT and the result was. 0.048. I fully expected to have my next test three months later ie now. But they recommended a test at six month (Septrmber). I wasn't too sure about this at the time. I did think about going to the GP for a test but I got up, walked around and soon got rid of that thought.

If I had it tested now they would, without a doubt, say come back in September. So what's the point. I'm gonna enjoy the summer, meet some characters at Leiecrster followed by a jaunt to Tunisia

I' know we worry at PSA test time but I'll be damned if it's gonna spoil my life in between times ;-). So bring it on :)

Thanks for the inspiration guys, you know who you are ;-)

Bri

User
Posted 30 May 2014 at 19:44
There may be two posts as not sure where my first one went..... Please delete this mods if my other one is moderated ( same title ish)

Well it's bang on 3 month since my last PSA test. That was my first since adjuvent RT and the result was. 0.048. I fully expected to have my next test three months later ie now. But they recommended a test at six month (Septrmber). I wasn't too sure about this at the time. I did think about going to the GP for a test but I got up, walked around and soon got rid of that thought.

If I had it tested now they would, without a doubt, say come back in September. So what's the point. I'm gonna enjoy the summer, meet some characters at Leiecrster followed by a jaunt to Tunisia

I' know we worry at PSA test time but I'll be damned if it's gonna spoil my life in between times ;-). So bring it on :)

Bri

User
Posted 31 May 2014 at 09:00
Brian, you need to check your profile. It seems it has been hijacked by a worry-free, relaxed, carefree PCa sufferer! πŸ˜€

Great to read this and look forward to seeing you in June though I have my PSA result in a week's time so hopefully I will be fine!

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 30 May 2014 at 21:40

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Bri

I'm worried you're not going to.

Just had a letter to say my next test is in June,soon comes around.

User
Posted 30 May 2014 at 21:54
Hi Bri ,

Well done Bri absolutely the right attitude. Enjoy your summer, have a great time in Tunisia but don't know about Leicester .....characters? ...well certainly some dodgy ones😳

Life is for living

Barry (alias Barrington)

User
Posted 30 May 2014 at 21:56
You are assuming you will survive Leicester Bri!
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 30 May 2014 at 21:57
It does mate. That's why I'm gonna enjoy the time before I have my next test. Good luck with yours

Bri

User
Posted 30 May 2014 at 22:17
True Lyn, but will be steady away as away that week. :)
User
Posted 30 May 2014 at 22:21

Hi Bri,

Seems like a really good plan , enjoy the summer and your holiday . Leave the worry stool at home http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif. 

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 30 May 2014 at 22:57

I have all this to come. Can't wait!

User
Posted 30 May 2014 at 23:55
PSA anxiety should be listed as a side effect in its own right Steve. Some men are afflicted more than others - my husband has the capacity to block it out completely and remain unruffled but he also has a habit of instantly forgetting any bad news which is great for his peace of mind but means he is shocked over and over again! On the other hand, PSA anxiety can be contagious .... I do enough fretting for both of us.

Generally speaking, those fortunate enough to remain undetectable for a few years find it easier than those whose levels rise despite radical treatment - my dad was in remission for 12 years and hardly ever gave PCa a thought, it was just something he once had. Now that it is back, he watches the calendar. The blow of opting for a treatment in the hope of a cure and then discovering it has failed is heavy and once you have experienced it I suppose it is much harder to go into future tests with a mindset of 'it will be fine' because you know it might not be.

John went for his test yesterday so results next week. Good old Mr P gave dad good news last week - he won't let John down 😁

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 31 May 2014 at 09:00
Brian, you need to check your profile. It seems it has been hijacked by a worry-free, relaxed, carefree PCa sufferer! πŸ˜€

Great to read this and look forward to seeing you in June though I have my PSA result in a week's time so hopefully I will be fine!

User
Posted 31 May 2014 at 10:54
Thanks Paul, fingers crossed for your next results, likewise for John Lyn.

Believe it or not I've not continually walked round under a cloud since dx. I have had my very dark days that come and go, that's probably when you see a post on here. But in the main I just get on with it, honest.

Take care all and good luck to anyone waiting for results

Bri

User
Posted 31 May 2014 at 11:42

I'm guessing I'm going to be ' ever so slightly apprehensive'  http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif

Steve

Edited by member 31 May 2014 at 11:52  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 31 May 2014 at 11:57
Without a doubt Steve, squeaky bum time is terrible. But sure your results will be fine

Bri

Edited by member 31 May 2014 at 11:57  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 31 May 2014 at 12:21
PSAitis - bet you'll not find that in any medical dictionary, but it's a condition I'll have to deal with every 3 months from now on. Stay calm and carry on - easy to say, not so easy to do!
Stay Calm And Carry On.