I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Latest psa test results

User
Posted 09 Jun 2014 at 14:28

I am a tad bothered about my husband's latest psa result, to begin with when he was diagnosed it was 48.6 with spread to one lymph node, he had to fight tooth and nail to be given radiotherapy but he had that last June/July - his last psa test was 0.03 in March with I think testosterone 0.6.  His psa results today were 0.04 (up) and testosterone 0.9.  This is a blow when it has been going down all this time.  Don't know what happens now.

User
Posted 09 Jun 2014 at 15:59

I don't know if this will be of any help but here goes, When I was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer about 18 months ago at age of 67 years, I was straight away given injections of Prostap Hormone therapy. When the Radiotherapy was due to start  the injections were stopped and at that time my PSA was down to 1-0 after the 37 doses of Radiotherapy my PSA was "undetectable" according to the Oncologist.  Last week I had to go for my 6 month check up and PSA test, again I was told undetectable, but the remains of the Prostap  can apparently stay in the body for up to 18 months or so, when I next go for my next 6 month test (December) I was told that the Proistap will have completely gone but to expect a slight rise in my PSA level, back up to 1-0 or 1-5. This according to the urologist and Oncologist is nothing to worry about and to be expected.

I hope that this may be of some help to you.

User
Posted 09 Jun 2014 at 17:51

I am sorry about that I got the psa from last time wrong I had thought it was 0.03 but my husband said he wrote it down and it was 0.06 so it has actually gone down to 0.04 - cant believe I got it so wrong.  However his testosterone has gone up so I think maybe the Consultant is going to want to tackle that now.  Thanks very much for your reply.  My husband has zolodex implants every three months.  Best wishes to you and thank you