I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Online Cancer Courses

User
Posted 14 July 2014 19:21:32(UTC)

For those of you interested in learning a bit more about cancer, the excellent "Inside Cancer" course by Future Learn is being repeated on the 1st of September 2014. The course is free - just register at

https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/inside-cancer-2014-q3

Nil desperandum

Allister
User
Posted 15 July 2014 07:42:31(UTC)

Thanks Allister, 

I'm signed up and ready to go...!

Kevin

User
Posted 15 July 2014 15:40:13(UTC)

Thanks Allister,

I'm signed up too. I'll keep Kevin (our 'Chilled Gecko') company.

George

User
Posted 05 August 2014 23:50:07(UTC)

Thanks Allister, 

I'm also signed up and ready to go...! 

Regards, Gerry

User
Posted 06 August 2014 08:26:15(UTC)
Just a quick tip. If you have problems accessing the video content on the course try switching to another browser. I had problems viewing with Internet Explorer but Chrome was fine.
Nil desperandum

Allister
User
Posted 06 August 2014 14:29:59(UTC)

Thanks Allister,

that's good to know.

I'm currently reading the pre course eBook. I'm getting there but it seems to assume a certain level of cellular function knowledge.

I covered it as a precursor to kicking off my degree many years ago but not to the level in the book!

Still, I'll not let it beat me. I read a chapter a day, re-read it the next day (to make sure it has sunk in) and then on to the next chapter...

I must say it has been very interesting so far. :)

cheers

Kevin

User
Posted 04 September 2014 08:51:25(UTC)

Put the flags out – finally found this topic – is it me or the search facility? Anyways thanks Allister for link. Don’t as yet have home broadband so unsure if mobile and downloading course material from other PC to transfer to my laptop would work OK. So far its fine as week 1 is completed. Time will tell if other weeks work out OK. I do recommend this course – if not too late give it a try.

Ray

User
Posted 24 February 2015 21:40:16(UTC)

Just a reminder that this excellent FREE 6 week online course from Bath University is being repeated on Monday 2nd March 2015.

https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/inside-cancer

Go on - you know you want to learn more

PS - I'm currently doing this one

https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/valuing-health/

Nil desperandum

Allister
User
Posted 25 February 2015 09:27:30(UTC)

Thanks Allister,

I can strongly recommend this course for anyone interested in cancer and it's sneaky ways.
It gives you a good insight into the how, what, why, when, where type of questions.
It is not PCa specific but it gives a good grounding in 'understanding thine enemy'

All the best

Kevin

User
Posted 25 February 2015 10:31:05(UTC)

Thanks Allister

Absolutely go for it. What’s there to lose? There were some comments that the course was not as advanced as some thought. Which hopefully help makes the point its more about what Kevin points out. So you don’t need any science degrees or A levels etc just a willingness to put in a bit of effort. To me understanding more fully the enemy and (own view here) how much its more down to just bad luck in getting the particular type/version of cancer in the first place rather than lifestyle etc. I’ve no doubts they play a part, but it might help some folks to stop beating themselves up it’s entirely their own fault.

As regards course content: I don’t have home broadband so went to library each Monday, downloaded the weeks course content, not forgetting the transcripts, to memory stick then copied to laptop at home.

Good luck

Ray

User
Posted 14 March 2015 06:04:44(UTC)

I am too late. Think it was nice and helpful information at this course. Maybe somebody have some video?

©2018 Prostate Cancer UK