Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Eleveated creatinine levels

User
Posted 21 Jul 2014 at 11:17

Hi

following the op to remove my prostate in Oct 2012 my PSA has remained low (below 0.02) but a recent health check has identified an elevated level of creatintine compared to the usual range (10% above the usual max figure)  and my PSA has increased slightly to 0.03.

Anyone have knowledge of any link between the high creatinine and the return of prostate cancer?

Kevin

User
Posted 21 Jul 2014 at 22:28
Sorry Kevin it isn't something I know about but hopefully someone will be along soon.

If not, or in the meantime, the Nurses Helpline associated with this site, are really helpful and knowledgeable so you could give them a call.

All the best, Janet

User
Posted 22 Jul 2014 at 08:18

Hi Kevin,

In our case, raised creatinine was associated with partner's kidney function being impaired due to the disease, so it is closely monitored. The medics dont seem worried even when it is particularly high as long as Neil is peeing ok ! It may be totally different for you, as we say on the forum, every man's  illness is different but worth asking your medical team about if you are concerned. It is something I used to panic about in Neil's case but now I dont ! Regards,

Fiona.