I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Dads small cell cancer

User
Posted 10 August 2017 20:38:40(UTC)

Dads kidneys are failing. He can't process all the injections from the. Blood clotting agents.He is on IVs in hospital.Mum said he is cold and sleeping in a deep sleep.I am going Friday.Poor man has spent all week travelling miles to another hospital for radiotherapy on his spine.
I have no idea how long you can survive with kidney failure.love to all on here xxx

User
Posted 10 August 2017 21:00:38(UTC)
I'm so sorry to read your latest post, praying for peace for you and your family at this most difficult of times

Arthur
Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 10 August 2017 21:16:04(UTC)

:-((
X

If life gives you lemons , then make lemonade
Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 11 August 2017 06:12:02(UTC)

Virtual hugs from me too cookiegirl.

A difficult time for all of you.

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 11 August 2017 07:50:31(UTC)

Thinking of you .
Debby

Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 11 August 2017 08:03:42(UTC)

My best to you at this difficult time. x

Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 11 August 2017 08:33:35(UTC)

Visiting today I don't know what to expect mum said he is in a bad way which I know his legs are bad.The hospital bed is in Mums living room but I think they are transferring Dad to the hospitals hospice due to being on drips.I hope this last bit goes easy on him.He has been through enough this last week.:(

Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 11 August 2017 15:11:43(UTC)

In these difficult times I wish I could help.
All I can do is think of you and hope everything improves for your Dad.

Paul

User
Posted 11 August 2017 22:33:21(UTC)
Loads of love and strength Cookie coming your way .
BFN
Julie X
NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 12 August 2017 08:09:52(UTC)

I saw Dad and thankfully his hallucinations and weird turn from Thursday had passed.He was in good spirits but it was very sad to see him shuffle to the loo with his legs so badly leaking.Last night he couldn't get off the bed and lost his call button so peed the bed and sat in it.This breaks my heart.My brothers and sisters have all been to see him. My daughter travels back today.
Su h a cruel illness stripping away control of so many men's lives.
I have no idea how long he has left no one has said.He isn't in pain which is good.I feel helpless it know the staff are dad ing their best.Mum is coping well with it all perhaps being a little angry which is understandable.
Thank you all you are so very kind xx Paula

Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 12 August 2017 12:11:08(UTC)

Yes, a cruel disease and stressful for Dad and family. The main thing now is to ensure as far as possible that he is pain free and comfortable. The love and devotion which helps maintain spirits in his case is a given.

Barry
Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 12 August 2017 19:39:33(UTC)
Hi Paula
I'm so sorry to hear that your lovely dad is so poorly, you are right, this illness robs our men of so much. We have been away to the beach for a week and the difference between this year and last was so evident.

I can only hope that your dad doesn't suffer and this time is peaceful for all the family. Thinking of you.

Devonmaid xxxx
Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 15 August 2017 16:08:07(UTC)

Dad seems to be getting worse with not wanting visitors and sleeping loads.He even has had some soiling and peeing accidents which are upsetting for him.Today he decided to request no more blood tests or sodium drip or it antibiotics.He has mentioned wanting to die and said he thought he had a couple of days left to live.
He is now in a side room and we wait to see if it is indeed the radiotherapy causing this or something else.
The palliative nurse told mum she thought he had time left reading his notes.....such a confusing time each day brings more stress as we can't help our lovely Dad which is heartbreaking xx

User
Posted 15 August 2017 17:53:37(UTC)

Thinking of you all cookiegirl and wishing i had a magic wand

Frustrating for you all, not knowing what is happening and there isn't anything you can do except be there should he change his mind and want to talk to you all but also to be there for your mum.

It's understandable that your dad has had enough. All you can do is respect his wishes.

Try and stay strong for your mum, who needs you more than ever now

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 15 August 2017 19:06:40(UTC)
Oh Paula
My own FIL simply decided to quite all antibiotics, food and water and passed away alone, I wish we'd been told his decision (we lived a long way away and my own dada was dying). I do however, absolutely believe that he had the right to make that decision and he simply couldn't tolerate life any longer. It's even harder when the nursing staff are telling you differently, but I'm guessing the end is close one way or the other. For you lovely dad's sake I hope that it is peaceful, it does sound like he's had enough. It's so hard for those around the ill person but at least you know he is ready to go. My heart goes out to you at this sad time.

Love Devonmaid xxx
User
Posted 17 August 2017 09:53:01(UTC)

We are still in limbo .Thank you Devon maid for replying.Dad has signed a DNR and doesn't want treatment.Palliative nurse thinks he still has more time to live yet. Xx
I. can't see him as this is his request which we respect He will be given pills to help him sleep and improve his mood.
It is all very distressing so I will be glad to go to work today for some light relief which our poor mum can't do.
She can't cope with him at home yet as his legs are so bad and he has bedsores too although the dioreah has stopped now he is off the IV antibiotics.xx thank you all for your continued support.

Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 18 August 2017 20:42:54(UTC)
Thinkinking of you Paula.
Lots of love winging its way to you.
Xx
BFN
Julie X
NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON

©2017 Prostate Cancer UK