I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Pans

User
Posted 02 Aug 2014 at 14:49

Hi ,I no have not been on for a long time but have had a lot of stuff going on some good and some bad :(,But my Dad is doing ok he  finished all his radiotherpy in January :) and has had other PSA tests done and that is really good it has gone right down ,and he is having his hormone injections every 3 months and hasnt got to back to the hospital for 6 months which is great .BUT over the last 5/6 weeks he has been getting alot of pains in his hips when he walks and I think it is worrying him abit now ,we have just come back from holiday and he couldnt walk far because of the pains in his hips .Has anybody else suffered from this or no of anybody that has ? 

Thank You xx

User
Posted 03 Aug 2014 at 18:18

Hi,I had problems with bones aching and joints after being on 3 monthly HT implants after robotic surgery to remove Prostate. I started taking Calcium 500mg tabs and found some improvement once in your system to off set HT. Worth having chat with your GP first. Hope this helps.

rodders

User
Posted 08 Aug 2014 at 12:02

See your GP. My OH had similar problem but in arms/shoulder and turned out as arthritis starting. We  were worrying like mad that it was the PCa, but if it is, the sooner you know the better then you can take action.

Best wishes

Alison x

User
Posted 08 Aug 2014 at 12:03

See your GP. My OH had similar problem but in arms/shoulder and turned out as arthritis starting. We  were worrying like mad that it was the PCa, but if it is, the sooner you know the better then you can take action.

Best wishes

Alison x

User
Posted 08 Aug 2014 at 12:43
Hi Picko, the impact of the HT in muscle loss can be particularly acute around working joints. Would he try swimming? We used to have a member 'old Al' who was forced to use a wheelchair until he took up swimming - low impact on sore joints and also seems to improve the dreadful tiredness/lethargy as well.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard