I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

I may have a couple of beers tonight!...

User
Posted 05 Aug 2014 at 16:41

Hello everyone,

Just a quick update following a review with my consultant today almost 8 weeks after my Robot Assisted RP ( Da Vinci )

Histology results show Gleason Score uprated from 3+3 = 6  to 3 + 4 = 7

T staging has been uprated from T2b N0 MX to....... T2c N0 MX

Clear surgical margins and cancer contained within prostate

PSA result @ 6 weeks post op was 0.01 ( undetectable )

No further treatment is required at this stage and a further PSA test is scheduled for 4 months time...... 

All in all a result I dare not have dreamt of!...

I still am struggling with incontinence, but learning to manage 'things'  ( 5 weeks post TWOC )  My consultant assures me that things will improve over time...

I realise that I'm not out of the woods just yet as it's very early days..... but results today are very encouraging... http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-smile.gif

User
Posted 05 Aug 2014 at 16:46

Hi Luther,

Fantastic news, I would have Champagne if I were you.

Well done

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 05 Aug 2014 at 19:00

My God Luther,

What DO YOU WANT MATE????  That is all excellent news, especially the 

Histology results show Gleason Score uprated from 3+3 = 6 to 3 + 4 = 7  As I understand things the Gleason score generally gets upgraded following pathology, so situation normal there then.  Excellent. 

T staging has been uprated from T2b N0 MX to....... T2c N0 MX  No MX Excellent

Clear surgical margins and cancer contained within prostate  Again Excellent news. 

PSA result @ 6 weeks post op was 0.01 ( undetectable )  Ditto the above.

No further treatment is required at this stage and a further PSA test is scheduled for 4 months time……  Good news again.  In fact better than ormal as I was tested avery 3 months post op!

AND 5 weeks post TWOC you are fretting about continence?   5 Weeks afar TWOC!!!!  Some bad tsars recover control as soon as they leave the operating table, others, me included, take a little longer to get some control back.   And control may creep up gradually on you so slowly that you do not notice straight away, until one evening you think to yourself, I haven't leaked at all for a few days now.  Even when tired and stressed out and with a skinful of beer.  And 15 months down my line I am at that stage.  So 5 weeks down the line, do not worry.  It will happen.  

You have had a great result, enjoy it.

atb

Dave

User
Posted 05 Aug 2014 at 19:04
way to go

Paul had his 3 month appointment with consultant today

PSA 0.01

he has no problem with incontinence

consultant so pleased that instead of seeing him in 3 months for 6 month check doesn't want to see him till Feb next year which will be 9 months post op

so we are having a drink tonight and will raise a glass to you Luther

marie

User
Posted 05 Aug 2014 at 21:24
Wow! Congratulations Luther.

I'll tell you what, I'll raise a glass to you with a result like that....

Well done, onwards and upwards

Kevin

User
Posted 06 Aug 2014 at 06:41
Great results mate. Hope the head is not too sore this morning

Bri

User
Posted 06 Aug 2014 at 09:36

Great result Luther http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif

All looking good for a complete recovery. I wish you well, hopefully another man who has been saved from this awful disease http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif

Nil desperandum

Allister

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 05 Aug 2014 at 16:46

Hi Luther,

Fantastic news, I would have Champagne if I were you.

Well done

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 05 Aug 2014 at 19:00

My God Luther,

What DO YOU WANT MATE????  That is all excellent news, especially the 

Histology results show Gleason Score uprated from 3+3 = 6 to 3 + 4 = 7  As I understand things the Gleason score generally gets upgraded following pathology, so situation normal there then.  Excellent. 

T staging has been uprated from T2b N0 MX to....... T2c N0 MX  No MX Excellent

Clear surgical margins and cancer contained within prostate  Again Excellent news. 

PSA result @ 6 weeks post op was 0.01 ( undetectable )  Ditto the above.

No further treatment is required at this stage and a further PSA test is scheduled for 4 months time……  Good news again.  In fact better than ormal as I was tested avery 3 months post op!

AND 5 weeks post TWOC you are fretting about continence?   5 Weeks afar TWOC!!!!  Some bad tsars recover control as soon as they leave the operating table, others, me included, take a little longer to get some control back.   And control may creep up gradually on you so slowly that you do not notice straight away, until one evening you think to yourself, I haven't leaked at all for a few days now.  Even when tired and stressed out and with a skinful of beer.  And 15 months down my line I am at that stage.  So 5 weeks down the line, do not worry.  It will happen.  

You have had a great result, enjoy it.

atb

Dave

User
Posted 05 Aug 2014 at 19:04
way to go

Paul had his 3 month appointment with consultant today

PSA 0.01

he has no problem with incontinence

consultant so pleased that instead of seeing him in 3 months for 6 month check doesn't want to see him till Feb next year which will be 9 months post op

so we are having a drink tonight and will raise a glass to you Luther

marie

User
Posted 05 Aug 2014 at 21:24
Wow! Congratulations Luther.

I'll tell you what, I'll raise a glass to you with a result like that....

Well done, onwards and upwards

Kevin

User
Posted 06 Aug 2014 at 06:41
Great results mate. Hope the head is not too sore this morning

Bri

User
Posted 06 Aug 2014 at 09:36

Great result Luther http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif

All looking good for a complete recovery. I wish you well, hopefully another man who has been saved from this awful disease http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif

Nil desperandum

Allister