Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Nearly at the end of my time on Abiraterone

User
Posted 14 Oct 2014 at 20:26

Hi all,

it's been a long time since I posted.  Well, 26 months down the road and my time on Abby tabs as part of the Stampede trial finishes next week.  I'm approaching it with mixed feelings, I won't miss the side effects of both the Abby tabs and the Predinolone, it'll be a relief not to have to take an additional 5 pills every day and, hopefully, some of my lethargy and muscle aches will disappear.  Hopefully my digestive system will return to near normal, as far as the lasting effects of radiotherapy over a year ago allow.

But, it's been worth it and I'm so glad I've been participating.  I would go through it again.

So, only another 12 months of Prostate and then it's watchful waiting.

Best wishes,

Eric

User
Posted 15 Oct 2014 at 20:42

Hi Eric

Good news. Hopefully you will not have to go down that road again and the future gives a whole new meaning to the number after 5.

Ray

User
Posted 15 Oct 2014 at 21:10

Hi Eric

My OH was on the Abby arm of the Stampede trial and finished it in May this year. He felt the same way as you and the 2 years seemed to fly by.

Just had a CT, Bone and Muga scans as checks and the Prostap remains the only med for now. Not sure when this will finish, as it was described as 'long term', maybe 3 years like yourself.

Interesting to hear from someone on the same arm of the trial.

All the best

Alison