I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

referal?

User
Posted 13 Nov 2014 at 10:03
Sean is offf to see the consultant today.Will get psa result (hopefully the same as previous 2).He is going to ask for referal to ed clinic.

The op was 6 months ago, we are hoping he will be granted this.

It isn't automatic in our trust.Everything has had to be fought for!

Is anyone else in the same predicament?

User
Posted 13 Nov 2014 at 16:36

Hilary

At Christie's 2 weeks ago, I was advised to have Sidenafil in conjunction with a pump. I have now been given 100 mg dosage as opposed to the 50 mg I had before. I have not been able to get the pump on its own to get an erection like before the op. I would guess its only around 70%.

I hope to try them together for the first time tonight!

I have never been referred to an ED clinic, and if nothing has changed when I next go at the end of February, I guess they will want me to try the injections which at the moment makes me squirm, but I have a golfing friend who uses these without a problem.

I think referral to an ED clinic should be automatic after 3 months if needed. It's not a massive issue for me, but can understand how important it is to others. I will be asking for an ED clinic referral if there is no change, but I guess Christie's will tell me that will have to be done through my GP.

Hope the PSA result is good.

Paul

Stay Calm And Carry On.
User
Posted 13 Nov 2014 at 16:45
Hi there.

psa was 0.03 which is good . However we have another issue now.Incontinence.Sean still has 2 pads a day (and that is only since sunday, so some progress, but consultant is concerned. Says 94% of his patients at 6 months are dry.He is suggesting an op.He called it a strap??

Apparently minor op, day case.No idea what it is.

He didnt ask about ed clinic.

Will see consultant in feb for a decision.

I have now officially thrown in the towel.

We look like going to the Dominican Republic with a case full of pads and nothing else.

User
Posted 13 Nov 2014 at 17:02

Hi Hilary,

I had my op on June 12th 2014 ( see my profile for details )

Once discharged from hospital I've had very little or no support.......partly my fault as I don't like to pester people...

I still suffer with incontinence ...although it 's very slowly improving these  last few weeks, but still a long way to go.... rang GP for financial help with pads....not interested
I think the 'strap you are referring to is possibly known as a Bulbar Sling?...

ED is also still a problem......once again no one interested, so I privately purchased a pump .... I have to say this is very effective for me

I'm due to see consultant early Dec for a review and further PSA test result ( first PSA test since 6 weeks post op )

I will be requesting to attend a ED clinic if one does exist in my area......also I need to attend an incontinence clinic to see if I can get any help with pads etc..
Best Wishes 
Luther

Edited by member 13 Nov 2014 at 17:03  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 13 Nov 2014 at 17:25
I thought that was what it was but a simple op? Day case?

Maybe he will improve but with our luck he won't.

All the best.

User
Posted 13 Nov 2014 at 19:30

I was referred for incontinence by my GP, and got over 200 pads foc.

I am improving all the time. I usually need only 1 pad per day, and I am hoping to be dry in 5 months. I will be able to apply for more pads when I need them.

Stay Calm And Carry On.
User
Posted 13 Nov 2014 at 19:43

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

I was referred for incontinence by my GP, and got over 200 pads foc.

I am improving all the time. I usually need only 1 pad per day, and I am hoping to be dry in 5 months. I will be able to apply for more pads when I need them.

I can't understand why there is so much variation from area to area in support, back up and help ......

We've all paid our NI contributions  ( presumably ),  so why do we not all get the same support and back up?

User
Posted 13 Nov 2014 at 20:41

I agree.

Stay Calm And Carry On.