I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

neo-adjuvant therapy

User
Posted 04 Dec 2014 at 17:29

hi,i am new here still finding myself around,diagnosed last feb psa65  gleason 7 t3b no mo,finished rt 2months ago,i am on zoladex a further 2yrs if i make it that far,i am still stiff,hips and back ache on and off is this normal after radiotherapy,i have had my 1st psa test 9 days ago no results yet, with these symptoms make me think its on the move.amy help appreciated cheers.

User
Posted 05 Dec 2014 at 01:21

Hi Radar, I don't think your aches and pains have anything to do with the RT and if you are imagining that the cancer has moved into your hips and back then it is worth remembering that you were scanned before and during your RT and they would not have put you on this treatment regime if there was a chance you already had bone mets.

The aches and pains are a well known side effect of the hormones - your muscles are losing tone and the ligaments holding your pelvis are relaxing, just as they do for a pregnant woman. It is just nature responding to your falling testosterone. Try to put it out of your mind. If you can, try swimming which should help.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 06 Dec 2014 at 09:13

Radar, I'm not on HT but I regularly have aching back and hips. This is probably due to getting older and sitting at a desk for long periods. Mine also comes and goes

If you are really worried and you have a sympathetic oncologist ask for a bone scan for reassurance

Bri