I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Has RT Failed

User
Posted 22 Aug 2018 at 23:05

I was told by onco that I will always be on some form of HT, no matter what else happens, or whatever other treatment I may be given.

Sorry to hear your news Roy and I hope you can get some answers soon

Best wishes

Peter

User
Posted 27 Sep 2018 at 21:07

Well guys the results of the PET/CT scan are in.

there is good news and bad, the good news is that I no longer have any evidence of Bone Metastases,as the chemo seems to have taken care of that, also all the previous lymph nodes affected have been sorted. Now the bad news, it has now spread to several different lymph nodes so it's not giving up yet, so the fight goes on.

i have managed to dodge the Firmagon for the time being and restarted Bicalutamide as I refused to go on it until the scan results were in, and without my Oncos permission restarted the Bicalutamide 4 weeks ago as I had a previous supply left which  has brought my PSA down to 7.9 so he had to agree it was still effective, so there we have it I will take The good news and bank it.

all the best

Roy

Edited by member 27 Sep 2018 at 21:09  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 28 Sep 2018 at 06:54
Thanks for the update Roy. Some positive news in there for sure , however I dont understand how systemic chemo has cleared up all the old known stuff yet allowed new stuff to grow. Doesn’t make sense really ?

If life gives you lemons , then make lemonade
User
Posted 28 Sep 2018 at 11:03

Hi Chris

thanks for your post. I can only assume that it didn't tackle the cancer cells within the blood, therefore allowing it to reseed in other areas.

Roy

User
Posted 28 Sep 2018 at 15:00
You will keep hanging in there Roy I'm sure, as the fight goes on.
Barry
User
Posted 28 Sep 2018 at 19:38

Keep fighting, Roy! 

User
Posted 28 Sep 2018 at 19:55
Silver linings light up cloudy days - stay well Roy x
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 13 Nov 2018 at 11:44

Hi guys

Had my bloods taken yesterday and the latest PSA is 7.90, therefore no change from the previous one taken 7 weeks ago, so what to do now? is the question. I will be seeing my Onco on Thursday, watch this space.

Roy