Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Fatigue after HT

User
Posted 08 Jan 2015 at 20:01
Happy New Year everyone.

I haven't posted for a while but doing very well. Last PSA (July) was less than 0.1 again.

I had my last 3 month Decapeptyl jab just over a year ago and feel much stronger and the aching I had has completely gone.

Over the past few weeks I have started to get very tired mid afternoon. I gave an Oncology review in February and will discuss it.

Has anyone else experienced this some time after ending HT.

Thanks for any advice.

Also proud Grandparents again. The beautiful Olivia was born at the end of November to my daughter.

Cheers

Dave C

User
Posted 10 Jan 2015 at 08:19

Hello Dave and Barry,

I completed HT last January, and so far I have seen very little change. I am also suffering tiredness still, and I am slightly anemic with low red cell count. I still have about 10 lb. extra fat, main around my middle, and libido is still zero. I guess it will take longer for the HT effects to allow my testosterone to recover, to start to reverse the negative effects. All that said, with my PSA still at minimum, I wonder what will happen when the "recovery" starts!

I am trying to use increased exercise to improve my fitness (walking mainly), but I have to rest often, and just don't have the energy to walk as I used to. So far, it doesn't seem to have had much effect.

I guess we just need to be patient, and wait for our bodies to recover in their own good time. We are, after all, still here!

I miss the old thread too.... all the best
Peter.

User
Posted 10 Jan 2015 at 10:12

Hi Dave

Is it down to simply with more energy you’re doing more and your body needs time to get fitter?

My energy levels, whilst a great deal better, still after all this time go through a few weeks of not being so. I've learned to just ride the storm rather than fight or fret about it.

Good luck

Ray

User
Posted 10 Jan 2015 at 17:45

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Hello Dave and Barry,

I completed HT last January, and so far I have seen very little change. I am also suffering tiredness still, and I am slightly anemic with low red cell count. I still have about 10 lb. extra fat, main around my middle, and libido is still zero. I guess it will take longer for the HT effects 

Hi Peter,

I am also anemic and have been since DX ,

apparently anyone with a chronic illness will be slightly anemic just been told that on Friday by my Doc , glad to see you are still there with a low PSA count,

Best wishs Barry

Ray glad to see your PSA is also low

Best wishs Barry

Edited by member 10 Jan 2015 at 17:46  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 24 Feb 2015 at 21:17

Hi Dave ,
Yes I only had a stretching with a 24 former aaaaarrggghhhhh,

Best wishs
Barry

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 09 Jan 2015 at 20:16

Happy new year to you Dave,

I have just finished HT after three years,
PSA 0.04 .
looking forward to not feeling tired all the time,

sorry to hear you are having this bout of tiredness after a year of feeling so good maybe it will pass.
gongrats on being a grandad again
best wishs Barry

Do miss the old thread

User
Posted 10 Jan 2015 at 08:19

Hello Dave and Barry,

I completed HT last January, and so far I have seen very little change. I am also suffering tiredness still, and I am slightly anemic with low red cell count. I still have about 10 lb. extra fat, main around my middle, and libido is still zero. I guess it will take longer for the HT effects to allow my testosterone to recover, to start to reverse the negative effects. All that said, with my PSA still at minimum, I wonder what will happen when the "recovery" starts!

I am trying to use increased exercise to improve my fitness (walking mainly), but I have to rest often, and just don't have the energy to walk as I used to. So far, it doesn't seem to have had much effect.

I guess we just need to be patient, and wait for our bodies to recover in their own good time. We are, after all, still here!

I miss the old thread too.... all the best
Peter.

User
Posted 10 Jan 2015 at 10:12

Hi Dave

Is it down to simply with more energy you’re doing more and your body needs time to get fitter?

My energy levels, whilst a great deal better, still after all this time go through a few weeks of not being so. I've learned to just ride the storm rather than fight or fret about it.

Good luck

Ray

User
Posted 10 Jan 2015 at 17:45

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Hello Dave and Barry,

I completed HT last January, and so far I have seen very little change. I am also suffering tiredness still, and I am slightly anemic with low red cell count. I still have about 10 lb. extra fat, main around my middle, and libido is still zero. I guess it will take longer for the HT effects 

Hi Peter,

I am also anemic and have been since DX ,

apparently anyone with a chronic illness will be slightly anemic just been told that on Friday by my Doc , glad to see you are still there with a low PSA count,

Best wishs Barry

Ray glad to see your PSA is also low

Best wishs Barry

Edited by member 10 Jan 2015 at 17:46  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 14 Jan 2015 at 21:35
Thanks for everyone's feedback.

I've recently been sleeping much better, only wake up once 3 or 4 nights a week so a big improvement.

I am fairly busy work wise so maybe that is having an effect.

All in all things are pretty good though.

Take care all.

Dave C

User
Posted 15 Feb 2015 at 17:55
Hi all,

Not been able to post in the famous "Radio Therapy Underway" thread. Was able to recently. Now get an access forbidden warning....

Just had my latest PSA result. 0.4. It's now 14 months since my last Hormone jab and I feel much stronger, so maybe my testosterone levels are recovering.

Oncologist review on 20th.

Almost no side effects from HT so pretty happy with how things are going..

Take care everyone.

Cheers

Dave C

User
Posted 15 Feb 2015 at 19:16

Hi Dave,

Always interested in your treatment path, as we were both DX about the same time both T3b,

my gleason turned out not to be 3+3 but was in fact 4 +5 hence I stayed on HT for three years,

Lets all know what your Onco says,

.4 could that be a bounce.

Best wishs 

Barry

User
Posted 21 Feb 2015 at 22:13
Hi everyone,

Had Onco review. Think the slight rise may be a bounce. Want to see me again in 12 months. Will sign me off if PSA stable.

Next PSA test in July prior to a Uro review.

Having a Urothrotomy soon to open a stricture. Found a couple of months ago. Don't have a date yet but should be soon,

Take care everyone.

Dave C

User
Posted 21 Feb 2015 at 22:32

That must have been a great relief Chaps - good luck with the op and I hope you don't have to wait too long

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 22 Feb 2015 at 09:57
Thanks Lyn.

I'll post again after the procedure.

Cheers

Dave C

User
Posted 23 Feb 2015 at 18:22

Hi Dave,
All sounds good,

I also have a stricture, just had a Diliation, [that's the second time around] on Jan 26th, been self cath 5/6 times size 12 then size 16 just before bedtime,
So sofar not too good,

Read up plenty, do you really need the procedure

Regards Barry

Edited by member 24 Feb 2015 at 21:15  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 23 Feb 2015 at 20:41
Hi Barry,

Thanks fir the input and sorry things are not going so well.

Was your procedure a Urothrotomy or a stretching?

I will discuss this with my URO nurse as my flow is quite manageable at present.

Cheers

Dave C

User
Posted 24 Feb 2015 at 21:17

Hi Dave ,
Yes I only had a stretching with a 24 former aaaaarrggghhhhh,

Best wishs
Barry